Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Old Jan 7, 16, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Old May 6, 22, 2:06 pm

What is the current menu and champagne selection?
Old May 6, 22, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Schwann View Post
It looks like a novelty plastic turd.
Could it taste worse than the 'Rosemary and Red Onion (Linda McCartney)' vegetarian sausage that haunted Concorde Room breakfast plates pre-Covid? Is anyone unfortunate enough to have sampled both?
Old May 7, 22, 9:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by yerffej201 View Post
What is the current menu and champagne selection?

There was also Chablis 1er Cru Fourchaume out, and I saw someone(staff) walking with bottle of Chateau Batailley, but it's not out (so maybe in CCR, or GC as often I find there are better wines on offer in GC than GF).
Usual sandwiches/sweets/salads available in self service section + I think there was some BBQ chicken there too.
EDIT:
Actually 2014 Batailley was available from the bar at GF, which was a nice surprise. There were some other old Clarets available in UK lounges recently, but must have been ages since I’ve last seen Chateau Batailley.
danmushman likes this.

Last edited by APPL; May 7, 22 at 11:42 am Reason: Batailley update
Old May 8, 22, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by AnaTravel View Post
Could it taste worse than the 'Rosemary and Red Onion (Linda McCartney)' vegetarian sausage that haunted Concorde Room breakfast plates pre-Covid? Is anyone unfortunate enough to have sampled both?
Have had both, the Linda McCartney one is far nicer. You can actually eat it. The other one I wouldn't even feed to the dog.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old May 14, 22, 3:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / OWE, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
At long last it looks like my travel is picking back up a bit

Did I hear rightly that buffet is back in GF, at least for breakfast?

Also anyone know if the JW Blue is MIA as it wasn't on the table service menu last time I was there, but that was 6 months back...?
Old May 14, 22, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by drwook View Post
At long last it looks like my travel is picking back up a bit

Also anyone know if the JW Blue is MIA as it wasn't on the table service menu last time I was there, but that was 6 months back...?
There was a buffet out last time I'm there. Not sure on the JWB though.
drwook likes this.
Old May 14, 22, 4:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / OWE, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Great, thanks - I'll cross my fingers on the JW Blue (or a decent single malt appearing - I live in hope...) as it's a nice way to finish before heading off to board.
Old May 14, 22, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, LX Frequent Traveller, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hilton Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by drwook View Post
There is a limited temporary buffet set up at the entrance to the Refectory, complemented by online ordering. The main buffet towards the middle and rear of the Refectory is still closed.
Old May 14, 22, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Genius1 View Post
There is a limited temporary buffet set up at the entrance to the Refectory, complemented by online ordering. The main buffet towards the middle and rear of the Refectory is still closed.
Gosh - I didn't realise it was called the Refectory...
SxMan likes this.
Old May 14, 22, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, LX Frequent Traveller, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hilton Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by CKBA View Post
Gosh - I didn't realise it was called the Refectory...
I know, I've always thought it was an odd choice of name!

SxMan likes this.
Old May 15, 22, 11:52 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Named, I feel, by people with the finest public school education (or, perhaps, a strong grounding in Classics).

I'm surprised the toilets are not signposted "reredorter".
Old May 16, 22, 5:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA2MM, WY Gold, QF Gold, VA Platinum.
Originally Posted by Genius1 View Post
Very sad...
Old May 16, 22, 5:58 am

Had my first GF experience a few weeks ago and it was underwhelming. Very crowded. Floor between seats was filthy.

the food was better than GC but with nowhere to really sit and eat it it was less enjoyable than it might have been.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jun 6, 22, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum.
Reflecting on a visit yesterday to a fairly crowded GF, the halfway house between buffet and table service which we've currently got really isn't very good. In fact it got me thinking were going through a time of reduction matched only by the infamous era of this thread.

The Buffet
Cold food served on the new buffet area is not chilled, hot food is not effectively kept warm and is limited. On every recent visit I have noticed fruit flies on, or near, the food in this area. Yesterday I noticed the same at my table near the kitchen.

There are chilled food serving areas along the side of the refectory area but they are stocked with whole fruit, crisps, muffins and water. Couldn't the cold food be moved back there?

The distance from the preparation area to the buffet as well as its small size leads to staff getting in the way of customers and visibility of very "non-premium" techniques when replenishing the food on offer. Staff picking up and rearranging sandwiches by grabbing handfuls of them at the buffet and moving them around using their (gloved) hands. Unpacking pre-sliced burger buns from catering packaging and placing them directly onto the buffet. Salads arriving as big rectangular lumps as if just tipped out from bulk packaging onto serving plates. (Im aware its a mass catering operation, its just that to me, all these presentation tasks should take place in the kitchen or out of sight.)
The build-your-own burger offering yesterday was definitely non-premium looking. Floppy grey burger patties wheeled through the lounge piled up in a tray, cheap buns and tired looking accompaniments. The BA burger always used to be an order from menu item, which I think is a more suitable way to serve it.

The Menu
The online menu for table service now has just 4 items: Vegan curry, beef tortilla, steak pie, cream tea (with 2 for kids: soup or pizza). Under the Lighter Options section on the menu the only item was the Cream Tea. Setting aside how light an option that is, it's something that's ideal for self-service and if it were included there then it could allow additional items to be offered via the at seat menu.

So, we're now in the state where the lounge is packed but both the self service and the menu ordered options are depleted in quality and quantity.
MaxFlyer, camdentown and becks1 like this.
Old Jun 6, 22, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by willmatt View Post
Reflecting on a visit yesterday to a fairly crowded GF, the halfway house between buffet and table service which we've currently got really isn't very good. In fact it got me thinking were going through a time of reduction matched only by the infamous era of this thread.

The Buffet
Cold food served on the new buffet area is not chilled, hot food is not effectively kept warm and is limited. On every recent visit I have noticed fruit flies on, or near, the food in this area. Yesterday I noticed the same at my table near the kitchen.

There are chilled food serving areas along the side of the refectory area but they are stocked with whole fruit, crisps, muffins and water. Couldn't the cold food be moved back there?

The distance from the preparation area to the buffet as well as its small size leads to staff getting in the way of customers and visibility of very "non-premium" techniques when replenishing the food on offer. Staff picking up and rearranging sandwiches by grabbing handfuls of them at the buffet and moving them around using their (gloved) hands. Unpacking pre-sliced burger buns from catering packaging and placing them directly onto the buffet. Salads arriving as big rectangular lumps as if just tipped out from bulk packaging onto serving plates. (Im aware its a mass catering operation, its just that to me, all these presentation tasks should take place in the kitchen or out of sight.)
The build-your-own burger offering yesterday was definitely non-premium looking. Floppy grey burger patties wheeled through the lounge piled up in a tray, cheap buns and tired looking accompaniments. The BA burger always used to be an order from menu item, which I think is a more suitable way to serve it.

The Menu
The online menu for table service now has just 4 items: Vegan curry, beef tortilla, steak pie, cream tea (with 2 for kids: soup or pizza). Under the Lighter Options section on the menu the only item was the Cream Tea. Setting aside how light an option that is, it's something that's ideal for self-service and if it were included there then it could allow additional items to be offered via the at seat menu.

So, we're now in the state where the lounge is packed but both the self service and the menu ordered options are depleted in quality and quantity.

Agree, its a poor interim arrangement. I was there last week.
Get back to the pre-COVID configuration and we'll be in a good position.
The BA posturing about how much everyone loved the ordering by-phone-app is pure bluff and penny pinching. The choice was unappetising and very limited and the time to delivery doesn't work for many passengers.

The grief in the link the old thread is real and important - it took a long time to get Baxter-Storey to provide a decent offering. We don't want to go back to those times.
willmatt and MaxFlyer like this.

Search this Thread