Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
I believe the large quantity of various non alcoholic beverages was to give people some 'enjoyable options' if they were doing Dry January. Or so I was told ...
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Jordan D
I believe the large quantity of various non alcoholic beverages was to give people some 'enjoyable options' if they were doing Dry January. Or so I was told ...
That would make sense I guess, I tried one of the Aqua Libra cans earlier this month and thought it a little insipid tbh, but everyone has different tastes...

I'm a recent addition to the massed ranks of Goldies so still finding my way around the different offerings in GF compared to GC. Does seem a step up overall. (cue comments about how it could hardly be down etc!)

That gin bar at QF T3 looks great. Thanks for the pic Finavia​​​​​​. Sadly we are not passing through there until March and then around 6am Even for a Scotsman thats possibly just a smidge early to be starting. I will need to find an excuse to take Mrs BertieB to VIE or BCN
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by MrsW
There are some very odd drinks in the Flounge at the mo. There used to be gorgeous gin but now it is cranberry spritzer, rhubarb & cardamom soda and raspberry & apple water. I think folk are clinging to the fever tree band wagon. My advice is to get off it, and stick to investment banking.
As companies pay mega ŁŁŁŁ and give free samples to get exposure in the Heathrow lounges, I'm sure they are happy to hear this feedback ....
Old Feb 2, 2018, 2:03 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
As companies pay mega ŁŁŁŁ and give free samples to get exposure in the Heathrow lounges, I'm sure they are happy to hear this feedback ....
Totally agree with you. I used to work in business development before I had children and customer feedback is so important.

EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 2:14 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Jordan D
Thankfully we're now into "soaking wet February".
seanp7 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by MrsW
There are some very odd drinks in the Flounge at the mo. There used to be gorgeous gin but now it is cranberry spritzer, rhubarb & cardamom soda and raspberry & apple water. I think folk are clinging to the fever tree band wagon. My advice is to get off it, and stick to investment banking.
There are repeated requests on here for more interesting soft drinks options, so hopefully some people will have been happy to see them. Did they make it on board as well? Sometimes it's nice to take a break from the alcohol, but the onboard options are usually pretty basic.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I wish they would stock Diet Pepsi. Much nicer than Coke and it saves me faffing around with the BP scan at Whsmiths.
madfish likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by xenole
I wish they would stock Diet Pepsi. Much nicer than Coke and it saves me faffing around with the BP scan at Whsmiths.
I guess it is what you are used to - can't stand the taste of pepsi - but have to suffer it if that is all that is offered in bars.

Although they can't insist upon your boarding pass for this in WHS
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by xenole
They did for a good while in 2016 when the national Coca-Cola distribution chain went to pot. As a personal preference I prefer the Diet Coke but would happily consume either. As the Coca-Cola brand appears more popular with the masses, I can't see Pepsi coming into any U.K. lounges as a permanent fixture unless there are any more shortages.

Wouldn't it be nice to have that choice though, and not have to be bound by exclusivity deals left right and centre?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Is the december menu still current for GF?

Will be passing through to christen my gold card next week! :-)
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by stewaran

Enjoy this was on Saturday.

Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:18 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite

It's not. I don't have the current menu, sorry. Last time I was in GF I had quite a nice ham salad (though I suspect it might have had more fat in it than a burger).
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold

No, it’s slightly different.

The burger is always on there with a few more items. It should change again tomorrow. Usually the same items as the CCR lounge menu minus the club sandwich.

The curry was quite nice, although could do with a naan bread to go with it.

Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:53 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Thanks All

I like Bao in London, so fancied trying the Buns.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Update with today's offerings:

KARFA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.