Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Please allow me to clarify one thing, and then I hope we'll be able to move back to the actual thread subject of F lounge food.

Ambassadors here, and throughout FT, have extensive knowledge of their 'home' airline's product - knowledge which they frequently use to assist and guide others. They are not Ambassadors for the airline or for the FFP. In no way are they precluded from having their own opinion, which we are all free to disagree with without becoming personal. Tobias-UK was clearly stating his own view, which has nothing to do with his Ambassadorial position. Views should be challenged, not people.

That said, perhaps we can avoid the diversion of turning this into a discussion on status, for which there are plenty of other existing threads to contribute to, and return to the core discussion.

Thanks.

/mod
Fair enough, thanks for clarification.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
I personally don't think the F lounge catering is at its best at the moment, but I don't think it's terrible either. As CWS says some things have improved so it's all a matter of opinion really.

I had first reached gold a few months before BaxterStorey took over and one of the things I enjoyed in the lounge was fish and chips on a Friday.

Some things I enjoyed in the BaxterStorey era that I've not seen in a while include the fishcakes and the meat pies. The fact that the menus are not put out as widely means those who are unaware of the menu don't get to see the lounge to its full potential either. This may save money but it may also mean some may decide going for gold is not worth it.

Champagne, I do miss Prelude but I understand costcutting in this area. As I said a few years ago, a better selection of ale/craft beer would at least keep me off the champagne and assuming there's others that'd appreciate a good beer then I could see this saving BA money.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
So MasterW II and I were in the Flounge again today. I had the venison for the second time this week with no complaints. My son ate burger and fries, a portion of mac & cheese plus a slab of red velvet cake with 2 large tubs of Roddas clotted cream. I asked the greedy pig how his food was and he told me it was good. He ate the lot. I take my kids to Jamie's Italian, Côte etc regularly and think the Flounge food is broadly similar. We flew to Vienna today on £60 tickets and after a couple of glasses of Pouilly Fumé with lunch I'm struggling to envisage what else we'd need. We make a point of arriving at the airport at least an hour before the gate closes to have a bite to eat and we're rarely disappointed. We think the Flounge is a super waiting area. YMMV
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:04 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Talking

Originally Posted by MrsW
So MasterW II and I were in the Flounge again today. I had the venison for the second time this week with no complaints. My son ate burger and fries, a portion of mac & cheese plus a slab of red velvet cake with 2 large tubs of Roddas clotted cream. I asked the greedy pig how his food was and he told me it was good. He ate the lot. I take my kids to Jamie's Italian, Côte etc regularly and think the Flounge food is broadly similar. We flew to Vienna today on £60 tickets and after a couple of glasses of Pouilly Fumé with lunch I'm struggling to envisage what else we'd need. We make a point of arriving at the airport at least an hour before the gate closes to have a bite to eat and we're rarely disappointed. We think the Flounge is a super waiting area. YMMV
That made me laugh out loud! ^
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
You make a very interesting point, and I also note that those who tend to be the most vociferous about how poor BA has become are often those who quickly grab the the mistake fares, wait for ex-EU sales to take long, very cheap and convoluted TP runs to inflate their status as cheaply as is possible. They moan about everything and about how much better the competition is, yet they keep returning to BA for more??? Some of them want to invite complete strangers in to the lounges for a booze and binge-fest and expose BA to even more cost.

I really do wish BA would up the amount of BA metal that must be flown in order to maintain or achieve status - perhaps make it more than 60% of total TPs, that should soon stop the whining here.
We seem to be heading towards an idea of an FT panel who choose who is worthy of their BAEC status? That already happened for the lounge thread. I have been to Hawaii once and Gold since 2011. If they changed it to be 60% of TPs it wouldn't stop me from qualifying for Gold (would that mean my complaints can be worthy?) I am not sure your idea would be very popular with many of the other FT CCR card holders though .

As you mention mistake fares, how many did you book, eg. the Vikings? By defintion, you had to 'quickly' to grab them to use your words.

I don't think telling people to put up and shut up is part of our inclusive society or the values we ought to defend including the ethos of this bulletin board. BA has been going down the pan for years, the cuts are ridiculous and there's no way on earth Dublin Mike is left quivering in his Lobb's.

They cut millions from the lounge budget and it shows.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
... As you mention mistake fares, how many did you book, eg. the Vikings? By defintion, you had to 'quickly' to grab them to use your words...
I have no idea why you think that is relevant, but if you are going to break a confidence, let's be accurate. I mentioned to you that I managed to take advantage of an error fare as I was in the process of booking a business trip to New York following on from a business trip to OSL. I told you that I was shocked at the price and given how good it was decided to make a short break of it and take my wife along, staying in NYC for the weekend rather than travel straight back home as I usually would. It was the GGL line who told me of the bargain, they also very kindly found inventory to use a GUF2 to upgrade to F. So the answer to your question is: one. Not that it matters as far as TPs were concerned, I was well over 10,000 for that year.

The balance of your post is off topic and we have been asked to keep discussion here relevant to the topic.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 5:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day

I suspect that my flying patterns are common to a lot of BA's frequent flyers. I actually credit to AA, but I don't think that affects this. I am London area based and do a lot of (mostly) day trips for work. I tend to fly out of LHR in the mornings and back in the evenings. So, it's mostly the breakfast I get to experience in the First lounge and I think that is very good and has been pretty consistent over the years. It's like a Hilton breakfast - good, but not spectacular. Definitely good enough. I rarely drink alcohol there. Despite the fact that breakfast is offered for only about one third of the day, I wouldn't be at all surprised if over half of the First lounge use is during the breakfast period. So, I can see why BA have kept that at a good level. On my occasional afternoon visits, I have always found it to be good enough.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have no idea why you think that is relevant, but if you are going to break a confidence, let's be accurate. I mentioned to you that I managed to take advantage of an error fare as I was in the process of booking a business trip to New York following on from a business trip to OSL. I told you that I was shocked at the price and given how good it was decided to make a short break of it and take my wife along, staying in NYC for the weekend rather than travel straight back home as I usually would. It was the GGL line who told me of the bargain, they also very kindly found inventory to use a GUF2 to upgrade to F. So the answer to your question is: one. Not that it matters as far as TPs were concerned, I was well over 10,000 for that year.

The balance of your post is off topic and we have been asked to keep discussion here relevant to the topic.
I hope I will be given the opportunity to reply to this. It's relevant because you mentioned members taking advantage of mistake fares in your reply on this thread and this giving rise to cardholders who therefore do not have a right to criticise BA (and you choose to go OT by mentioning it in a thread with FTers complaining of the GF food) and not declaring your own interest in the process that you had also bought mistake fares. I also booked only one and it made no difference to my Gold card renewal. In FT speak the TPs were "wasted".

Going along with this: clearly GGL team need re-training if they are encouraging their top premium customers to "expose" BA to even more cost by booking error fares and I hope if any management are reading they realise how ridiculous that is. I'm sure those reading will be surprised that a) GGL line told a customer that there were cheap error fares out of Norway given the time frame (a real beauty as Mr President would say) and b) you took advantage of this given the general theme of your posts here.

It seems lost that my posts on this thread have been to continually highlight the fall in quality and quantity of what is on offer vs previously. I would very much like them to improve the offering which is why I continually post constructive feedback and I do hope they will spend more money on lounge F&B as part of the CE/CW/F investment. So long as BA's fares keep falling this doesn't seem very likely.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
.. It's relevant because you mentioned members taking advantage of mistake fares in your reply on this thread and this giving rise to cardholders who therefore do not have a right to criticise BA …
I have suggested no such thing. I know you studied politics and so being disingenuous comes naturally, but I expected better from you, hugolover. You've really disappointed me, I thought I knew you better.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I also note that those who tend to be the most vociferous about how poor BA has become are often those who quickly grab the the mistake fares, wait for ex-EU sales to take long, very cheap and convoluted TP runs to inflate their status as cheaply as is possible. They moan about everything and about how much better the competition is, yet they keep returning to BA for more??? Some of them want to invite complete strangers in to the lounges for a booze and binge-fest and expose BA to even more cost.
Guilty as charged!

ps, If anyone wants to join me for a delicious BA burger on Wednesday afternoon, do feel free to PM me
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Calchas
Guilty as charged!

ps, If anyone wants to join me for a delicious BA burger on Wednesday afternoon, do feel free to PM me
And now inviting people to join you in lounge wasting BA money and worsening their bottomline? Naughty Boy! I must be punished, mustn't I?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
I would like to wish everyone a very Happy Monday!

I hope we are all having great days.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
bottomline? Naughty Boy! I must be punished, mustn't I?
I'm not sure this is the right thread, or even the right site, for that type of lounge behaviour
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Naughty Boy! I must be punished, mustn't I?
Is an overwhelming and persistent feeling of guilt what keeps you flying BA?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
I'm not sure this is the right thread, or even the right site, for that type of lounge behaviour
That kind of behaviour only happens in CCR cabanas, darling , no need to spoil gold card holders experience in GF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.