Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2016, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Just tried the Hoisin Duck wrap and it's truly awful. Soggy wrap, soggy filling and basically flavourless. I never waste food but I took two bites of this and have left it.
Looked at it and just could not bring myself to risk it. Went for the BA burger instead. The old reliable.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 3:03 pm

To offset my criticism, the terrine and the passion fruit tart were both excellent tonight. As ever with BA, a mixed bag.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016

<snip>

Not on the menu but still available: Mövenpick vanilla and chocolate ice cream, order from one of the lounge hosts.
Does this mean that the dessert menu consist of cheese?
Old Jan 29, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Glad the duck cassoulet is still there and that pork belly is back. On the other hand the to order menu looks to me like being slowly enhanced away.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's all change between the three lounges. I remember having bread and butter pudding in GF from the old menu...that is now on CCR. Is that really a true first class dessert? Seems very GF to me. LOL.

And now not even ice-cream unless you are in the "know" which describes an awful lot of improving ones BA experience.

The buffet is not good at all, as I wrote above even LOT Polish is better with tastier and fresher dishes. LOT. I thought some of the cooks were Polish?

A real pet peeve of mine is the cubed cucumber. Its cubed cos I imagine its pre-prepped off site and otherwise would end up like cucumber paste at the thinness they will be required to cut and the time it will stew. If it is prepared in the kitchen, then can it please be slices like in CCR?

I remember looking forward to the food in GF.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
And now not even ice-cream unless you are in the "know" which describes an awful lot of improving ones BA experience.
The ice cream was back on the menu today.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 4:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flashware
Ditto in early March. Don't need to - but I can either wfh on the day then head to the airport for the evening departure, or arrive in the morning and work from the FLounge all day and sample the goods ^
I used the arrivals lounge till 9.30 and left the airport to work from outside - came back in the evening to FLounge. While the thai curry and ice cream were excellent - the whole dining area was crowded and filthy.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 5:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
I ate in the Flounge last week. Pork Belly was good but cubed roast potatoe vile. The broccoli. And carrot mix was rock hard.
I completed a text survey at the end of which I agreed to my details being passed to BA. 20 minutes later I was called on my phone and the lounge manager came to meet me.
She agreed the roast potatoes were poor but seemed genuinely surprised that I was unimpressed with the overall food offer. Clearly doesn't read Flyertalk.!!
Old Feb 7, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Having lunch here now.
The Moroccan bean thing is not too bad although had I not known what it was, couldn't have told you.
Potatoes are potatoes and still like the carrots even though I won't eat them generally.

Waiting to see what comes out for supper assuming I'm not too bloated after the scones etc I'm about to have ( always cream / jam on one and jam / cream on the other half to get a Cornwall / Devon balance).
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by xenole
Having lunch here now.
The Moroccan bean thing is not too bad although had I not known what it was, couldn't have told you.
Potatoes are potatoes and still like the carrots even though I won't eat them generally.

Waiting to see what comes out for supper assuming I'm not too bloated after the scones etc I'm about to have ( always cream / jam on one and jam / cream on the other half to get a Cornwall / Devon balance).
It sounds like you're settled in for the night.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
It sounds like you're settled in for the night.
Well had breakfast here, brunch in the DUB lounge and now lunch / afternoon tea here. Flight not until 6:30pm so I've 2-3 hours of eating and drinking before my HKG flight.

Might as well try everything although can't see Tiger beer anywhere.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by xenole

Might as well try everything although can't see Tiger beer anywhere.
Unless the Chnese New Year promo is still on, I think you may find it's been replaced by Amstel Light. There's another thread on this somewhere, and Tiger was not present when I went through the Flounge earlier this week.

On the brighter side, I was pleased to hear staff (it may have been the same person to different customers) proactively asking people if they wanted double portions of Egg(s) Benedict. The breakfast was pretty decent too, buffet well stocked. I also had the opportunity to compare the Taittinger and Castelnau (just a sip, it was lateish breakfast-time). I don't consider myself an expert, but the Castelnau is not to my taste.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:41 am

Just Heineken, London Pride and Amstel Light today.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Just tried the Hoisin Duck wrap and it's truly awful. Soggy wrap, soggy filling and basically flavourless. I never waste food but I took two bites of this and have left it.
+1 on that - I was very disappointed in it. Stick to the M&S version
Old Feb 7, 2016, 9:32 am

I'm not exactly tempted by that after those recommendations. I'll eat something in Hong Kong tomorrow that will be hopefully be better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.