Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by clearedforlanding
Been a while since I've been in the flounge for any length of time. Tasty salmon today with a very healthy selection of veg. Almost felt good about myself eating it until I washed it down with cheese, champagne and some passion fruit tart (not as good as I hoped). Menus nowhere to be seen but staff very attentive so could easily get one if I wanted, no doubt
I was there yesterday and the salmon was delicious...I ended up having 3 pieces!
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by headingwest
I was there yesterday and the salmon was delicious...I ended up having 3 pieces!
Delayed! So I imagine I'll be back for seconds.

As for the food off of the menu - dire. Don't know why people rave about the Gnocchi. Awful. Just fried pieces of cheese. Reminds me of something from McD's.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:41 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by clearedforlanding
Delayed! So I imagine I'll be back for seconds.

As for the food off of the menu - dire. Don't know why people rave about the Gnocchi. Awful. Just fried pieces of cheese. Reminds me of something from McD's.
Delays sometimes have advantages!

I was in the T3 Flounge for about 5 hours yesterday due to my original flight being cancelled. I did actually start by sampling the gnocchi, and I agree that it's not as good as I was led to believe. Also, the chicken curry was not spicy at all, in fact it was rather tasteless. So I'm glad they had the salmon as I got stuck into that towards the end of my visit.

The Flounge in T3 is much better than in T5.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
I'm now convinced to go and get some of the salmon. Have just tried some of the chicken curry on the buffet which didn't taste of very much at all, and was remarkably lacking in chicken considering it had just been put out..
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Delays sometimes have advantages!

I was in the T3 Flounge for about 5 hours yesterday due to my original flight being cancelled. I did actually start by sampling the gnocchi, and I agree that it's not as good as I was led to believe. Also, the chicken curry was not spicy at all, in fact it was rather tasteless. So I'm glad they had the salmon as I got stuck into that towards the end of my visit.

The Flounge in T3 is much better than in T5.
In T3 F lounge now. For some reason I like this place (even though it was my worst time thru last week). Today, Nice food (incl. salmon bagel ), good service. A cheeky little 2007 Rioja. ABC Shower. But all-in-all relaxing. Even the T3 fast-track security was a joy coming through^
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So if I understand these most recent comments. The menu food is crap (you all agree on that) and the buffet is pretty poor except the salmon?

So all in all. Great?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Last time I was there (nearly 2 weeks ago now) I also had several pieces of the salmon, I thought it was indeed very delicious.

It was actually my favourite thing I've had in the Flounge apart from the ham hock Eggs Benedict, shame I rarely end up there at breakfast time!
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero
Is there not a bowl of leaf vegetables plus additional salad items on the side counter next to the light bites offering? Here's a photo of a vegetarian friendly lunch I took last month (previously shared in this forum).
Looks like the Harvester on a bad afternoon.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I've arrived at the GF lounge at 11.55am, headed to the buffet and afternoon tea is already served, where the salad items used to be. Is this some sort of all day Wimbledon special? Hot lunch looks a bit sad - chicken/mushroom stew or spicy beef stew; some sausages that might be left over from breakfast; rice, potatoes and courgettes.

It's kind of funny watching people walk around with small plates in their hand, continuously checking their watches whilst umming and erring whether it's too early for a scone and finger sandwich.

Don't rush if you wanted the salad bar today!
Old Jul 9, 2016, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by silonic
I've arrived at the GF lounge at 11.55am, headed to the buffet and afternoon tea is already served, where the salad items used to be. Is this some sort of all day Wimbledon special? Hot lunch looks a bit sad - chicken/mushroom stew or spicy beef stew; some sausages that might be left over from breakfast; rice, potatoes and courgettes.

It's kind of funny watching people walk around with small plates in their hand, continuously checking their watches whilst umming and erring whether it's too early for a scone and finger sandwich.

Don't rush if you wanted the salad bar today!
I'll take it back, there is some salad next to the sandwiches that they've just brought out
Attached Images  
Old Jul 19, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I forgot to take a picture and also not quite sure about the correct title but the vegetarian Risotto and the cauliflower salad (both on the menu last Thursday) were really good.

And would you believe it? There was a menu on the table and it took only two or three minutes to order the dishes and in less than ten minutes everything was on my table. Well done, BA ^
Old Jul 26, 2016, 3:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Due to a scheduling cockup I have most of the day in GF T3 this week - any recent experiences of the a la carte offering or the buffet? And champagne?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:36 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The order menu is now always the same as the Concorde Room Lounge menu minus the club sandwich. That's available via the Dashboard.

Here are some of the post breakfast buffet photos, there was an extra hot item missing due to the serving bowl needing to be replenished, plus the soup.

Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
The fish was very tasty when I was there on Sunday evening. I like the wee tapas bar that has now appeared too. It ain't all bad in GF!
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
And finally a nut-free dessert!
Both cake/tart type desserts have had various nuts in or on them on my last few visits - perhaps my persistent feedback via the pedestals paid off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.