Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Old Jan 7, 16, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options

Old Jun 11, 16, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by EDIflyer View Post
Sorry to hear that, Aus_Mal - it was definitely much better than that previously! Hope they were just having an off night.
Yeah, hopefully the next time I try it (If I do ... once bitten), it will actually be decent.

Here's a photo of mine:

Old Jun 11, 16, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by EDIflyer View Post
Sorry to hear that, Aus_Mal - it was definitely much better than that previously! Hope they were just having an off night.
Tried it today and it was blandly boring. Not sure what the hype is about.
Old Jun 12, 16, 5:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal View Post
Yeah, hopefully the next time I try it (If I do ... once bitten), it will actually be decent.

Here's a photo of mine:

That does look terrible and nothing like what was on offer in CCR a few weeks ago
Old Jun 13, 16, 2:59 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by MarcD View Post
That does look terrible and nothing like what was on offer in CCR a few weeks ago
The two or three times I've ordered this in the last couple of months it's looked pretty much exactly like this. Not sure what's terrible about the presentation here, especially given the regular F lounge food presentation standards!
Old Jun 18, 16, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Aeroplan 50K, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Acid View Post
thanks - i'll ask for sure and report the result ....
As expected, the ice cream was not on the breakfast menu - and to be honest I didn't want it in the morning(had an overdose of sugar on the AA flight)

I didn't see poached eggs on the menu - I asked the attendants and they were happy to make it for me. I did see someone else having a veggie omelette - so I guess they do take some special orders!

On my way back I had an evening stopover. The buffet food looked horrible- had the Gnocci and ice cream and both were amazing! On an unrelated note - when entering the GF lounge - I was told you should go to T5B lounge as your flight leaves from there. I said -no thanks I am fine here (90 mins prior to departure).
Old Jun 18, 16, 4:57 pm

Sad to see the current batch of catering cuts at BA. I presume vegetarians are very annoyed at the removal of the salad bar, the champagne elites annoyed at the changes to champagnes available, and just about everyone annoyed at the low quality 'slop' being served as the hot food options.
Old Jun 18, 16, 5:20 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Aus_Mal View Post
Sad to see the current batch of catering cuts at BA. I presume vegetarians are very annoyed at the removal of the salad bar, the champagne elites annoyed at the changes to champagnes available, and just about everyone annoyed at the low quality 'slop' being served as the hot food options.
Has the salad bar gone? It was there when I was in the lounge a couple of weeks ago, albeit with items split into two counters
Old Jun 18, 16, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
Has the salad bar gone? It was there when I was in the lounge a couple of weeks ago, albeit with items split into two counters
Unless I'm wrong, where the salad bar was (next to the hot food) is now changed to sandwiches at midday, (usual ba galleries mix as seen in other UK lounges), plus scones and cream /jam etc.

The tapas bar is new, but that isn't really vegetarian friendly.

But like I said, I could be wrong. I just don't like catering cuts and the BA race to the bottom.
Old Jun 19, 16, 1:21 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Is there not a bowl of leaf vegetables plus additional salad items on the side counter next to the light bites offering? Here's a photo of a vegetarian friendly lunch I took last month (previously shared in this forum).

I'd admit I usually pass on the sauce based offerings. I accept though I maybe one of a minority since the "slop" has been part of the buffet menu for several years now and other customers must be consuming it. Surely Baxter Storey would have replaced it with something else otherwise.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 19, 16, 8:10 am

Is there not a bowl of leaf vegetables plus additional salad items on the side counter next to the light bites offering? Here's a photo of a vegetarian friendly lunch I took last month (previously shared in this forum).
The items on your white plate look to be straight from the hot buffet. The smaller dish, the tapas bar.

If you don't think there has been a serious degradation in food, fine. However, what happened to the rest of the cold Salads, items like chilled salmon and other assorted items they had where they now shove the BA special sandwiches and scones?
Old Jun 19, 16, 8:38 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
I've seen stuff in the tapas section like chilled salmon from time to time, but as I pointed out many posts ago when they reshuffled the deck they effectively cut the offer, as the space where the sandwiches etc used to live, in the cooler, is now just a drinks point. So stuff got taken out.

Now ... I'd be hard pressed to know whether this was a result of a cut in budget or just a restructuring of the offering. In my experience most people gave the cold stuff a wide berth; I liked it OK, pointed out it was cut, but it doesn't sound like folks are too worked up about it. I bet lots of that stuff just sat out a long time. I do appreciate that some will miss the lack of variety in that space.

As for the slop ... there are I think two dishes right now, baked chicken and baked salmon, on offer, which OTOH are apparently going down a storm. Haven't tried either yet but in GF T3 last week I was sat by the buffet and it was pretty much a revolving door of staff refilling the trays for this stuff. I have to say this is nowhere near the quality of food, visually at least, we saw when BS first took over. It's very much not slop, looks miles better. People seem to be lapping it up. If there's been a shift of resources from composite salads which sit out there for hours, to baked chicken and baked salmon dishes which people consume at speeds above Mach1, then it's probably the right decision.
Old Jun 19, 16, 6:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Aeroplan 50K, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I was there at 8 PM last week and didn't see any salad options. Hot food was quite sad too. At one end there were scones and the coffee cake.
Old Jun 20, 16, 4:23 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Acid View Post
I was there at 8 PM last week and didn't see any salad options. Hot food was quite sad too. At one end there were scones and the coffee cake.
So you could have had 'afternoon tea'. What more could you want ?

Old Jun 20, 16, 4:55 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
That looks suspiciously like the salmon and dill fishcakes and there's definitely anchovies/sardines from the antipasti selection on that side plate. Vegetarian friendly? Notsomuch... Pescetarian, perhaps!
Old Jun 29, 16, 10:28 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Been a while since I've been in the flounge for any length of time. Tasty salmon today with a very healthy selection of veg. Almost felt good about myself eating it until I washed it down with cheese, champagne and some passion fruit tart (not as good as I hoped). Menus nowhere to be seen but staff very attentive so could easily get one if I wanted, no doubt

Search this Thread