Search

Membership Year Reset

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Gold
Membership Year Reset

Hi FT

I read through the Wiki and didn't see the answer, so please don't be too angry with me for asking...

I just recently attained Silver and my Membership year ends tomorrow (Jan 8th). Will I be Silver for a year or will I reset to Bronze? I have 825 TP, and 4 eligible flights.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
You will remain Silver for the whole of the next membership year and until the card expiry date after that - which will be 28 February 2017.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by AHB260
Hi FT

I read through the Wiki and didn't see the answer, so please don't be too angry with me for asking...

I just recently attained Silver and my Membership year ends tomorrow (Jan 8th). Will I be Silver for a year or will I reset to Bronze? I have 825 TP, and 4 eligible flights.
If you just attained silver in your current membership year that ends 8JAN16 you will be silver through the next membership year that ends 8JAN17 (actually you will be silver through your card expiration date which should be 28FEB17).
See the examples and graphs in this post in the Guide:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25948897-post4.html
Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Gold
Thanks for the quick replies!

jerry- the charts on the wiki left me somewhat confused because it seemed that the first chart implied you only kept Silver because they continued to earn after they attained. I understand now and appreciate the assistance!
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:48 am

Programs: QR Silver, BA Silver, FB Gold
If my "Tier Point collection year ends 8 Jan", would tier points from flights showing a date of 8 Jan count towards the new year or the old one?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:51 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by husseinbadr
If my "Tier Point collection year ends 8 Jan", would tier points from flights showing a date of 8 Jan count towards the new year or the old one?
All flights that depart on the 8th count towards current year. Flights from 9th count towards new year. At first they may show in your account as added in the new year but then will be adjusted back to the old year.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:14 am

Programs: QR Silver, BA Silver, FB Gold
Originally Posted by madfish
All flights that depart on the 8th count towards current year. Flights from 9th count towards new year. At first they may show in your account as added in the new year but then will be adjusted back to the old year.
Thank you very much!
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
Hi,

I'm sure this has been answered before, but I have 0 TP this year but starting a new job and also have a trip for my vacation this summer which starts on the last day of my membership year
It's a mid haul and long haul in J/I, so 220 TP. Has anyone ever been successful in moving their year?
I would get another 180 TP just a month later, so I would be off to a good start.

Alternatively I could just credit to Alaska.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
They will not change your membership year date.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by sjefenole
Hi,

have a trip for my vacation this summer which starts on the last day of my membership year
It's a mid haul and long haul in J/I, so 220 TP. Has anyone ever been successful in moving their year?
I would get another 180 TP just a month later
Notoriously membership years don't get changed.

But since you say "trip", it might be worth pointing out that each *flight* credits on the day it begins (local time at departure airport). So the return flights (and possibly the second outbound flight, if it's the next calendar day) will credit in your next year, even though the trip began in this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.