FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA very well done. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1736864-ba-very-well-done.html)

MickV Jan 6, 2016 4:14 am

BA very well done.

Just completed an outbound segment to Dubai ex Dublin with my wife and four month baby.

Crew on the DUB-LHR flight fantastic and helped put my wife and I at ease. Transferring through T5 was easy.

Crew on the LHR-DXB flight, where good but the excellent point came when an hour out from Dubai a crew member came down with a message to say special services would be there to meet us coming off the flight.

I am very surprised they did this and can't really figure out why. There where at least 2 other babies of a similar age. One of whom was in CW with us, parents had gold tags and they didn't get SS. I am just a very run of the mill gold but being whisked through the airport on arrival really made things so much easier.

Virazuno Jan 6, 2016 4:19 am

Do tell your secret.....once you've figured it out yourself!

Aldebaran Jan 6, 2016 4:28 am

Originally Posted by MickV (Post 25970405)
Just completed an outbound segment to Dubai ex Dublin with my wife and four month baby.

Crew on the DUB-LHR flight fantastic and helped put my wife and I at ease. Transferring through T5 was easy.

Crew on the LHR-DXB flight, where good but the excellent point came when an hour out from Dubai a crew member came down with a message to say special services would be there to meet us coming off the flight.

I am very surprised they did this and can't really figure out why. There where at least 2 other babies of a similar age. One of whom was in CW with us, parents had gold tags and they didn't get SS. I am just a very run of the mill gold but being whisked through the airport on arrival really made things so much easier.

... and congratulations for posting thread number 92.001 !

I am just trying to figure out who posted the 92.000th thread

zeltergiset Jan 6, 2016 6:38 am

Do you look like a celebrity?

LondonElite Jan 6, 2016 6:47 am

Was is BA SS or the DXB Marhaba gang? I've often (but not always) had the latter when flying BA CW. Never really figured out why, since it's certainly not a polished benefit.

Swiss Tony Jan 6, 2016 6:51 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 25970957)
Was is BA SS or the DXB Marhaba gang? I've often (but not always) had the latter when flying BA CW. Never really figured out why, since it's certainly not a polished benefit.

Got to be a joke about being rolled in glitter here somewhere....

LondonElite Jan 6, 2016 7:16 am

Damned Mac autocorrect!

UpperDeckDude Jan 6, 2016 7:33 am

This has been happening for at least two years.

It would appear BA have purchased a number of Marhaba Arrival Service places, either per day or per flight.

They appear to be handed out by status, therefore if there are very few elites on board you stand a decent chance of being selected

MickV Jan 6, 2016 7:44 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 25970957)

BA SS and then handed off to Marhaba.

I haven't had it before and from the gold tags floating about I am sure there where more important people than me on the flight.

LondonElite Jan 6, 2016 7:47 am

Interesting. Nice touch.

MickV Jan 6, 2016 8:49 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 25971263)
Interesting. Nice touch.

I was very impressed. To be fair BA don't get a lot of credit for their ground handling but this really was, I have to say spectacular.

noFODplease Jan 6, 2016 10:04 am

Why do BA only do this in Dubai? I know SS operate elsewhere but why to BA enlist Marhaba for this airport in particular..

UpperDeckDude Jan 6, 2016 10:57 am

Originally Posted by noFODplease (Post 25972065)
Why do BA only do this in Dubai? I know SS operate elsewhere but why to BA enlist Marhaba for this airport in particular..

Immigration at certain times of the day can be very, very bad. Maybe it is a move to stop higher value EC Members trying Emirates on this route.

As a GGL I also receive the Marhaba departure service gratis from BA

crazy8534 Jan 6, 2016 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by MickV (Post 25971242)
BA SS and then handed off to Marhaba.

I haven't had it before and from the gold tags floating about I am sure there where more important people than me on the flight.

Someone once told me that if you see Gold tags on a bag there is only a 20% chance that they are not expired/someone else's/bought on ebay...:D

MickV Jan 7, 2016 7:25 am

Originally Posted by UpperDeckDude (Post 25972395)
Immigration at certain times of the day can be very, very bad. Maybe it is a move to stop higher value EC Members trying Emirates on this route.

As a GGL I also receive the Marhaba departure service gratis from BA

I doubt I would be classed as higher value but in the situation we were in it really could not have been more appreciated.

I should point out that it was directed to my wife, daughter and I.