Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
Note, some, but not all, links in this Wiki are temporarily not working or pointing to the wrong place, this will be sorted within the next few days.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. It also gives the menu used in the First Dining Room in LHR T3 after 18:30 hrs for First passengers. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier is BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

There are also photo guides (updated with December menu) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #759 - December 2016 - thanks to crazyanglaisy
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #702 - November 2016 - thanks to Ned1968
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #382 - July 2016 - thanks to tia2013
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #358 - June 2016 - thanks to VSLover
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #312 - May 2016 - thanks to Madge Ishen
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #266 - May 2016 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #252 - April 2016 - thanks to El_Duderito
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #172 - March 2016 - thanks to chris1979
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #111 - February 2016 - thanks to xenole
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #45 - January 2016 - thanks to scillyisles
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #3 - January 2016 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #539 of the 2015 thread - November 2015 - thanks to golfmad
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #404 of the 2015 thread - September 2015 - thanks to KARFA

Concorde Dining Room at IAD
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - current menu is the same as JFK CCR, see link above for menu from April 2015.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2016

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Not sure how to post a photo from an IPhone but a few changes:

Scallops replaced by a chicken terrine (will try it).

Beef cheek replaced by a ham hock salad.

Soup, artichoke tortellini, halibut still there.

Nice Corton Charlemagne 2012 and Corton Renardes 2008 :-)
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Post 1 now updated with the current menu, thanks to Sophoclefr for the earlier message.

For the record only, this is the old daytime menu from January.

Rest of the day - Concorde Dining Menu

First Courses

- Soup of the day
Please ask your host for today's choice of soup, served with freshly baked breads.

- Black pearl scallops
Seared king scallops with a sweet pea purée and dressed with chilli chive oil.

- Textures of Pear
Slice of pear poached in red wine, pear jelly and a pear crisp - served on creamed goat's cheese curd and candied walnuts.

Main Courses

- Superfood salad
A blend of wild rice, spelt, quinoa and goji berries topped with Kathy White's Lavender Cheese, and finished with a Dijon vinaigrette dressing

- Ox cheek
Slow braised ox cheek, served with fondant potatoes, baby carrots and leeks, finished with a Bordelaise sauce and crispy pancetta.

- Seared Halibut
Pan fried fillet of British Halibut, served on a bed of Savoy cabbage, mangetout and petit pois, finished with a julienne of carrot and buttered vegetable broth.

- Artichoke Tortellini (also available as a starter)
Tortellini filled with artichoke, served with wilted wild rocket and sun blush tomatoes.

Desserts

- Chocolate and chilli Omere
Rich chilli and chocolate mousse served with honeycomb ice cream and a chocolate sauce.

- Panetonne Bread and Butter pudding
Served with candied pecan nuts, salted caramel sauce, and vanilla crčme anglaise

- Seasonal fruit salad
Served with a fruit syrup

- Cheeses
Somerset Camembert, Coastal Cheddar, Bleu d'Auvergne and Tournegus with apple and Somerset cider brandy chutney and biscuits

=====
Rest of the day - Concorde Lounge Menu
- BA Burger
Made with British Aberdeen Angus beef served in a milk-glazed roll with tomato salsa, baby gem lettuce, cherry tomatoes and dill pickle, accompanied by twice-cooked chips. Ask your host if you would like to add crispy back bacon or mature English Cheddar

- Club Sandwich
A choice of roasted granary or white read triple decker sandwich with chicken breast, sweet-cured back bacon, egg mayonnaise, tomato and lettuce, served with either twice-cooked chips or ruby slaw.

- Niçoise salad
Soft boiled hen's egg on a salad of French beans, black olives, potatoes, red onion and tomato, finished with a Dijon mustard dressing.

- Hoisin Duck Wrap
Pulled confit duck and oriental vegetables, bound in hoisin sauce with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, served in a tortilla wrap with Kettle Chips.

- Artichoke Tortellini (also available as a starter)
Tortellini filled with artichoke, served with wilted wild rocket and sun blush tomatoes.

- Thai curry
Red Thai curry and Red Tractor assured British chicken, served with steamed rice and a cucumber and tomato salad, finished with coconut and poppy seeds.
Photo of the new chicken jalfrezi, which I officially like very much...

And the new Lemon and orange Mascarpone cream dessert, which is too good to be true!

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Feb 5, 2016 at 8:14 am
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:35 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Unfortunately I may not be in the CCR for a few weeks so won't have a chance to take photos of the new dishes.

Can someone takes photos of the Persian Chicken Terrine, Confit of Gressingham Duck, Pulled Ham Hock Salad please?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:19 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by KARFA
Unfortunately I may not be in the CCR for a few weeks so won't have a chance to take photos of the new dishes.

Can someone takes photos of the Persian Chicken Terrine, Confit of Gressingham Duck, Pulled Ham Hock Salad please?
I shall be lunching there on Friday and dining there on Saturday so will take one for the team and eat all of those (and take pictures)!
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by chris1979
I shall be lunching there on Friday and dining there on Saturday so will take one for the team and eat all of those (and take pictures)!
Thanks. I appreciate you putting your New Year diet on hold
Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:30 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Thanks. I appreciate you putting your New Year diet on hold
ha.

I always have 2 starters and 2 mains as you know.

and I am glad that the New Years Resolutions Gym Goers have given up given it's February now and the gym is back to normal which means we are in good shape for beach and pool next week
Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I had my first stab at the new menu items yesterday:

- Persian chicken terrine: frankly forgettable. uninteresting, bland, and the vegetable ribbons with raisins on the side was both tasteless and slightly bizarre when it comes to the dish balance. One of the weakest starters I have had at the CCR. I wish that would disappear at the end of the month.

- Duck confit: good dish - duck itself was not that well done, managed to be both dry and fatty, while a good confit precisely miraculously avoid both, however, the cabbage and parsnip puree were very good and lifted the dish. On the whole, I'd say I still preferred the halibut which is quite good.

- orange, lemon, mascarpone dessert: excellent. Good and original, sweet but fruity, and confirmation that dessert is what the LHR CCR seems to do best, and the one element where it consistently beats the JFK CCR.

On the whole, I would say that we lost more than we won with the January/February substitutions but not by much and the standard remains good.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 2:15 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad

Oh where are you hiding then, or is T3 going to get your presence for a while^
Old Feb 11, 2016, 2:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by orbitmic

- Duck confit: good dish - duck itself was not that well done, managed to be both dry and fatty, while a good confit precisely miraculously avoid both, however, the cabbage and parsnip puree were very good and lifted the dish. On the whole, I'd say I still preferred the halibut which is quite good...
Ooh, I think you were unlucky. I had the duck and it was rather nice - certainly not as you were served. Mine had a nice crispy skin and meat that wasn't dry. Hopefully next time you visit you'll get the nicer version
Old Feb 11, 2016, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by BA5E
Oh where are you hiding then, or is T3 going to get your presence for a while^
Not much flying trhough January and February. I only have 2 trips, and apart from a brief CCR visit last Sunday I am not in again until ealry March. Next flight is CX on 24 February so T3 for me.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Ooh, I think you were unlucky. I had the duck and it was rather nice - certainly not as you were served. Mine had a nice crispy skin and meat that wasn't dry. Hopefully next time you visit you'll get the nicer version
I'll happily give it another go! Yes, in my version, the skin was rather soggy/fatty which was a shame but that might just be that it was not cooked well yesterday. I'll test it again when I'm back in a couple of weeks!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Post 1 now updated with the current menu, thanks to Sophoclefr for the earlier message.

For the record only, this is the old daytime menu from January.

Rest of the day - Concorde Dining Menu

Photo of the new chicken jalfrezi, which I officially like very much...

And the new Lemon and orange Mascarpone cream dessert, which is too good to be true!

Looking at the list does that mean that the Scallops are still on the menu, hope so, then will have some next Thursday^
Old Feb 11, 2016, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by BA5E
Looking at the list does that mean that the Scallops are still on the menu, hope so, then will have some next Thursday^
Unfortunately they have gone, the post above is the archive of teh January menu. The current menu from the start of February is in post #1 and sadly no scallops now.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:23 am

I'm eating one for the team.

chicken starter as requested (still doing work in the boardroom):

Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:27 am

I am eating one for the team as requested (still whilst being almost surprisingly productive in the boardroom):

chicken starter:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.