Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
Note, some, but not all, links in this Wiki are temporarily not working or pointing to the wrong place, this will be sorted within the next few days.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. It also gives the menu used in the First Dining Room in LHR T3 after 18:30 hrs for First passengers. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier is BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

There are also photo guides (updated with December menu) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #759 - December 2016 - thanks to crazyanglaisy
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #702 - November 2016 - thanks to Ned1968
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #382 - July 2016 - thanks to tia2013
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #358 - June 2016 - thanks to VSLover
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #312 - May 2016 - thanks to Madge Ishen
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #266 - May 2016 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #252 - April 2016 - thanks to El_Duderito
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #172 - March 2016 - thanks to chris1979
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #111 - February 2016 - thanks to xenole
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #45 - January 2016 - thanks to scillyisles
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #3 - January 2016 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #539 of the 2015 thread - November 2015 - thanks to golfmad
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #404 of the 2015 thread - September 2015 - thanks to KARFA

Concorde Dining Room at IAD
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - current menu is the same as JFK CCR, see link above for menu from April 2015.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2016

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2016, 3:35 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by stu1985
Sorted your post for you
And that was only his mid-afternoon snack.

You should have seen what he had for dinner an hour or so later.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by stu1985
Sorted your post for you
haha. you have insider knowledge.

Originally Posted by bjorns
And that was only his mid-afternoon snack.

You should have seen what he had for dinner an hour or so later.
ha. not quite. Stu is right, I had
1 x salmon
1 x mozzarella
1 x lamb
1 x snapper
for a late lunch at 2 / 2.30pm ish

and
1 x salmon
1 x mozzarella
1 x lamb
1 x tomato salad
for an early dinner at 4.30/5pm.

Ann tried to talk me into desert afterwards - though she said she couldn't believe that I ate so much (she only saw me having the 2nd of those meals) - though she did acknowledge that a) the portions (certainly lamb) are small and b) that the gym is paying off and I am looking nicely buff and handsome*

(* my interpretation of her intended words).
Old Aug 12, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by chris1979
and b) that the gym is paying off and I am looking nicely buff and handsome*

Old Aug 12, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by NYC1
So I've been to the Concorde Room at LHR a fair number of times, including the CCR section of the arrivals lounge. I have enjoyed the food at lunch and dinner, the drinks, I like the spa, the look of the lounge, the balcony, etc. However, what is wrong with the eggs? Last week I had the scrambled eggs with smoked salmon at the CCR arrivals room. The smoked salmon was OK (not high-quality, which is disappointing being at a first class lounge in London, but alright) but the color of the eggs was pale yellow (closer to white than yellow) with a touch of light gray and tasted disgusting. Then, a few days later, at the CCR I asked for a plain omelette. It came out like a rubber disc (and tasted gross to boot). It seems as if there is a problem with the raw materials (eggs) and the cooking (rubber). I remember this issue with the scrambled eggs from prior visits over the last few years (I didn't bother to post). For what it's worth, I love BA, including the crews on board, the JFK CCR, the F seat etc. I don't remember the last time that I've had eggs in London (outside of CCR) so I don't know whether the scrambled eggs at the CCR are consistent with what's served at restaurants/hotels in London/England--I can't imagine that being the case... Thoughts?
Cooking eggs properly is not about competence...its about loving food.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
7 big ones? Mmm, may dent my travel budget somewhat.

I'll send Ann around to sort you out, it will probably be cheaper.
The correct term is 7 yards.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 2:11 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Banana4321
The correct term is 7 yards.
lol. brings back memories.

and always used to confuse 'civilians'......
Old Aug 13, 2016, 4:55 am

Programs: BA GGL/GFL, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
As I don't eat fish and don't like lamb, the August menu is a bit of a let-down. That being said, Mrs SC gave the risotto the thumbs-up.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 5:22 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by chris1979
haha. you have insider knowledge.

ha. not quite. Stu is right, I had
1 x salmon
1 x mozzarella
1 x lamb
1 x snapper
for a late lunch at 2 / 2.30pm ish

and
1 x salmon
1 x mozzarella
1 x lamb
1 x tomato salad
for an early dinner at 4.30/5pm.

Ann tried to talk me into desert afterwards - though she said she couldn't believe that I ate so much (she only saw me having the 2nd of those meals) - though she did acknowledge that a) the portions (certainly lamb) are small and b) that the gym is paying off and I am looking nicely buff and handsome*

That does seem to be quite a lot of food...
Old Aug 13, 2016, 5:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Anyone going to be in the CCR from about 1300 next Saturday 20th?

As no ransom was received CWS black mug is currently on a tour of Sofia!

Last edited by Jamier45; Aug 13, 2016 at 6:21 am
Old Aug 13, 2016, 5:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Because, dear fellow, that's how you are normally positioned when you've had a few!
Well there is that!
Old Aug 13, 2016, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by bafan
That does seem to be quite a lot of food...
this is what the 2nd meal looked like. not that much really....

Old Aug 13, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
What would your eating strategy be when flying in F on BA183 to JFK departing at 8:05 PM?

Would you have a proper meal in the CR and then try to have our dinner on board as late as possible?

Is a second meal/snack offered?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 2:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I'm flying out on BA93 to YYZ, departing at 13:15. Would be great to have a bite of proper lunch, not just breakfast, but fear it might be tight with the 12 noon start time for the main menu. Do you know if there is any flexibility on this, or what my best options might be for daytime food at that time?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 2:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by GTRtripper
I'm flying out on BA93 to YYZ, departing at 13:15. Would be great to have a bite of proper lunch, not just breakfast, but fear it might be tight with the 12 noon start time for the main menu. Do you know if there is any flexibility on this, or what my best options might be for daytime food at that time?
There is flexibility on this, just ask, but in any case you have time. You need to be at the gate for 12:55, or perhaps a few minutes before, so you can leave CCR at 12:30 (or even 12:45 if you know what you are doing) quite sensibly. That flight is sometimes A10, the bus gate, which isn't great but does allow easy access from the Room. Even a C gate a 12:30 leave time gives you plenty of time to get to the gate, which in any case may only be indicated on the information screens at 12:15.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 3:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There is flexibility on this, just ask, but in any case you have time. You need to be at the gate for 12:55, or perhaps a few minutes before, so you can leave CCR at 12:30 (or even 12:45 if you know what you are doing) quite sensibly. That flight is sometimes A10, the bus gate, which isn't great but does allow easy access from the Room. Even a C gate a 12:30 leave time gives you plenty of time to get to the gate, which in any case may only be indicated on the information screens at 12:15.
Great news, thanks cws! In that case I very much look forward to sampling the CCR menu (and breakfast, and champagne...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.