Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
Note, some, but not all, links in this Wiki are temporarily not working or pointing to the wrong place, this will be sorted within the next few days.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. It also gives the menu used in the First Dining Room in LHR T3 after 18:30 hrs for First passengers. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier is BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

There are also photo guides (updated with December menu) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #759 - December 2016 - thanks to crazyanglaisy
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #702 - November 2016 - thanks to Ned1968
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #382 - July 2016 - thanks to tia2013
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #358 - June 2016 - thanks to VSLover
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #312 - May 2016 - thanks to Madge Ishen
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #266 - May 2016 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #252 - April 2016 - thanks to El_Duderito
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #172 - March 2016 - thanks to chris1979
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #111 - February 2016 - thanks to xenole
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #45 - January 2016 - thanks to scillyisles
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #3 - January 2016 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #539 of the 2015 thread - November 2015 - thanks to golfmad
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #404 of the 2015 thread - September 2015 - thanks to KARFA

Concorde Dining Room at IAD
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - current menu is the same as JFK CCR, see link above for menu from April 2015.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2016, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by xenole
Going to go a little off topic here.

At breakfast time, you're sitting at the main tables with the dish of jams and butter in front of you. Is this communal?
Last time I was in the CCR, there only seemed to be one for at least two random people so sticking you knife in the butter and jam first would probably put the next person off.
Is this in the LHR arrivals Lounge or the CCR? I ask because unless something has changed, in the CCR the jams were little pots last time I was there, delivered fresh and unopened when I ordered.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 6:39 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
If true, this was news to me.

Yesterday, as my soup was served, bread was offered.

However, the bread I normally have was missing.

Asking about it, the girl serving me told me that they'd run out, but they where baking some more.

Do they actually bake the bread in the CCR kitchen, or is it 'bake-off'?
Old Jun 15, 2016, 2:54 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Is this in the LHR arrivals Lounge or the CCR? I ask because unless something has changed, in the CCR the jams were little pots last time I was there, delivered fresh and unopened when I ordered.
Albeit not a total frequent flyer, but always in the CCR arrivals lounge, the jams, honey, marmalade always come in unopened little jars.^
Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
There's a long white dish with a round butter dish with exposed butter in it and the little jars of jam. This sits between 2 facing people.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:56 am

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
That Chocolate Brownie looks divine!
I can confirm that it is. As C-W-S says upthread, you could really do with a fork and a spoon, arguably a knife. It's a solid but gooey brownie and eating it off my lap on the terrace was a little challenging with just a spoon - but I thought an extremely delicious dessert. However if you don't have a sweet tooth, you may want to give it a miss. Didn't realize you could order ice cream with it but actually the cream it can with was lovely.

I had the asparagus to start - 5 or 6 cold whole asparagus with a light creme fraiche dressing. It came with a shot of, I believe warm asparagus soup. The asparagus were extremely crispy which is how I like them but the amaranth and dried cress just didn't work for me. It almost madethe senses think that the asparagus is gritty which obviously they weren't. I think they wanted to add some sorted extra texture, and whilst a fine powder may have worked, this is more like a fine grain texture.

Main course was the salmon. On the menu it says jersey royals but it's more like a warm potato salad, rather than whole boiled potatoes. The salmon was slightly over cooked but still a nice size portion. My only complaint would be I wish they'd season the salmon a bit more. I appreciate there is pancetta for some added salt but not enough to lift the flavour of the dish. The cream peas were a delightful accompaniment.

And not there is any doubt anymore but the restaurant menu was out on the terrace area and I dined there at one of the lounge tables.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 3:55 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Anyone had a chat to Borisz on the bar about cocktails? He's pretty knowledgeable and if you get him chatting he proactively offers suggestions to accommodate your tastes. I've been very impressed with him the past few times I've been in and he's been on the bar.

Also, I haven't been offered bread in the dining area the past 3 or 4 times I've been in. Has something changed, or has it been enhanced away?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by silonic
I can confirm that it is. As C-W-S says upthread, you could really do with a fork and a spoon, arguably a knife. It's a solid but gooey brownie and eating it off my lap on the terrace was a little challenging with just a spoon - but I thought an extremely delicious dessert. However if you don't have a sweet tooth, you may want to give it a miss. Didn't realize you could order ice cream with it but actually the cream it can with was lovely.
That's great to hear, I've actually never been in the CCR after 11am (always get 213 to BOS) so I've never eaten anything except what's on the the Breakfast menu. I now just have to book a flight where I don't leave until the afternoon.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
What have we lost this month and hopefully gained just as interesting?
Old Jul 2, 2016, 1:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
Here is the new menu.

Old Jul 2, 2016, 3:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Flythe96flag
Here is the new menu.
Many thanks for that, I have now updated the first post in this thread to give the new menu, and for the record only, here is the now out of date June menu.

Rest of the day - Concorde Dining offer - Menu

Starters

- Soup of the day
Please ask your host for today's choice of soup, served with freshly baked breads.

- Ham hock and mustard terrine
With piccalilli and soft boiled quail egg.

- Evesham Asparagus
With micro cress, amaranth, dried tomato and crčme fraîche.

Main courses

- Confit British chicken
With steamed baby vegetables and tarragon cream sauce

- Seared Scottish salmon
With Jersey Royals, crispy pancetta, lettuce and creamed peas.

- Mozzarella and basil gnocchi
with tomato sauce and rocket cress.

- Roasted cauliflower salad
With wild rocket, pomegranate and hazlenut.

Desserts

- Chocolate Brownie
with mini profiteroles and salted caramel

- Mango mousse
with coconut and fruit coulis.

- Seasonal fruit salad
with fruit syrup.

Cheese Plate new options

Bluestick Blue
A blue veined cheese definitely not to be forgotten. It has a mild, soft 'melt in the mouth' texture.

Lincolnshire Poacher
Made using unpasteurised cow's milk and maturered for 12-24 months, giving it a distinctively sweet, nutty flavour.

Driftwood
New from White Lakes Cheesemakers in Glastonbury, Somerset, Driftwood, a semi-solid thermised goat's milk cheese log. It has a fresh, clean, a slightly lactic aroma, with a fresh citrus flavour.

Served with apple and Somerset cider brandy chutney and biscuits.

Rest of the day - Lounge offer Menu

- BA Burger
British Aberdeen Angus beef, a milk-glazed roll, tomato and onion salsa, baby gem lettuce, cherry tomatoes and dill pickle, accompanied by twice-cooked chips. Ask your host if you would like to add crispy back bacon or mature English Cheddar.

- Club sandwich
Chicken breast, sweet-cured back bacon, egg mayonnaise, tomato and lettuce, served with Kettle chips. Choose toasted granary or white bread.

- Kiln-smoked Severn and Wye salmon bagel
with lemon cream cheese, Hampshire watercress and Kettle chips.

- Roasted cauliflower salad
With wild rocket, pomegranate and hazlenut.

- Mozzarella and basil gnocchi
with tomato sauce and rocket cress.

- Cape Malay Chicken curry
with steamed rice, tomato, cucumber, tomato, red onion, coconut shavings and mustard seeds.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jul 2, 2016 at 2:04 pm
Old Jul 2, 2016, 3:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I will be in tomorrow so will check the lounge menu unless someone does so before then.

Also photos of the new dishes would be very much appreciated from anyone.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Here's the risotto, it was quite a small portion and not very well flavoured.

Note, I did request it without the cheese.

Last edited by Flythe96flag; Jul 2, 2016 at 4:33 am
Old Jul 2, 2016, 5:48 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by Flythe96flag
Here's the risotto, it was quite a small portion and not very well flavoured.

Note, I did request it without the cheese.

The cheese crisps kind of made all the difference. I had it yesterday in T5 CCR and really enjoyed it. Today I tried it again in T3 and they were out of cheese crisps, and found it to be bland. The mozzarella starter was fairly nice as well.

I really miss the CCR every time I have a long layover at T3...
Old Jul 2, 2016, 6:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by dylanks
The cheese crisps kind of made all the difference. I had it yesterday in T5 CCR and really enjoyed it. Today I tried it again in T3 and they were out of cheese crisps, and found it to be bland. The mozzarella starter was fairly nice as well.

I really miss the CCR every time I have a long layover at T3...
I travel through T3 quite a bit, to go home, and cannot wait for CX to reopen, it was such a nice place to relax and have some noodles
Old Jul 2, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
[deleted- see photos in next post]

Last edited by so3003; Jul 2, 2016 at 10:01 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.