Wiki Posts
Search

Excess luggage?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2016, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Excess luggage?

my colleague (GCH) will have to exhibit at a show in US in a few months and need to take a stand with him.

It is in 2 tubs of 28kg each.
on top will have a suitcase approx 20kg

total hold baggage will be 76kg (allowance is 69kg - 3x23).

I thought i remember bags being allowed at 32kg? and regularly see bags with Heavy tags on the luggage belt

Will BA charge for the excess? if so any idea of the rate per kg?
Old Jan 4, 2016, 4:13 am

Programs: BA GGL
Which cabin will your colleague be travelling in? As a GCH, he will be allowed one extra item of baggage in addition to the standard allowance and, as you rightly point out, each item can weigh up to 32 kilos with no extra charge. If he is travelling in economy he will therefore need to pay for one extra case. However, if he is travelling in a premium cabin he will be able to take all three cases as part of his standard allowance.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
He is traveling in WT+, so should be no charge at all
Thanks for your quick answer.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 4:21 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
If you do need to pay for the excess do so in advance as you can save money that way. The rates are here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.