Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 10:14 pm

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
In response to a query in the CCR menu thread, this is the current wine offering. However the CCR wine list changes very regularly, so you cannot take this line up for granted. (No technical questions please, this is way outside my field of expertise!).

I believe those are three Burgundies (so all Chardonnay) and two Bordeaux plus one Bordeaux-style blend (Coronato). Seems to lack imagination.

On board (BA 15 in F) was a lovely Pouilly Fumé and a Fox Gordon Princess Fiano, a new one to me and a real delight.

I was disappointed by the CCR offering and pleasantly surprised by the on-board selection.

Compare and contrast to the stunning "The Standish" Barossa Valley 2000 I had, decanted, in QF First lounge...

Last edited by To Eat.To Drink; Oct 14, 2016 at 10:21 pm
Old Oct 16, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
I was in GC this evening and enjoyed a few glasses of Las Olas Malbec 2014, Its not the finest wine out there but its tasty enough.

I was also pleasantly suprised that the wine as well stocked this evening as well and plenty of choice. Well Done BA!
Old Oct 31, 2016, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Sat 29 October and LHR Galleries Club lounges South was serving Castelnau. Not sure if this is permanent or because they had no tattinger.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Was on a flight in First a few days ago and at the gate they started serving Castelnau. Then the bottle ran out and they switched to LPGS. It always pays to check the bottle!

Then at LHR T3 GF they only had Henriot.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 2:56 am
GLA

Programs: BA VS
Any updates on current wine lists in F? I will be on 217 (380 to IAD) this Friday and would be keen to know what is on offer!
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:28 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by stimpy
Was on a flight in First a few days ago and at the gate they started serving Castelnau. Then the bottle ran out and they switched to LPGS. It always pays to check the bottle!

Then at LHR T3 GF they only had Henriot.
Castlenau served on boarding my last 3 F flights.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by GLA
Any updates on current wine lists in F? I will be on 217 (380 to IAD) this Friday and would be keen to know what is on offer!
I flew to IAD yesterday. LPGS was served and I had a glass of Warres 1980 port to help me sleep. I have a bit of a cold so didn't drink anything else onboard. I think I saw the A to Z on the list and some California wine, but I can't recall for sure.

The CCR had an excellent Bichot Mersault and a Pouilly-Fuissé.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by stevie
Castlenau served on boarding my last 3 F flights.
This is really sad, do you mean just as the pre-flight drink before take-off or the default Champagne for the whole flight?
Old Nov 7, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, CR
plenty of LPGS to and from SIN last week
Old Nov 7, 2016, 9:13 am

Does anyone know which champagne they serve in LHR Galleries Club? I had it a couple of weeks ago having never previously asked for a glass. It was was oddly oaky tasting and if not told what it was I'd have guessed it to be an Australian fizzy.

Talking of which, why don't BA offer Prosecco, English/Oz sparkling wines? It would be far cheaper and some may say, better quality.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 10:46 am
GLA

Programs: BA VS
Originally Posted by stimpy
I flew to IAD yesterday. LPGS was served and I had a glass of Warres 1980 port to help me sleep. I have a bit of a cold so didn't drink anything else onboard. I think I saw the A to Z on the list and some California wine, but I can't recall for sure.

The CCR had an excellent Bichot Mersault and a Pouilly-Fuissé.
Thanks Stimpy. Love a glass of port so might need to force down pudding wine and port
Old Nov 11, 2016, 6:35 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, IHG Spire Elite, HHonours Gold.
An actual improvement in the Flounge

Rosé tattinger is back!

Apologies if I'm a couple of days behind!
Old Nov 11, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: BA GGL
excellent, I am there in just a few hours!
Old Nov 11, 2016, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Brilliant news, hope it's not just temporary.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 6:43 am

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
It was there on Sunday but this doesn't really confirm if it is permanent or temporary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.