Your guide to spending Avios | 2016

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by nux
Do you have a Household Account?
That's it, thanks!

New to the household thing. Just assumed it would take the avios from my account and only take from the other account if I had a shortage myself.

Globalist

Just realised, my 1000th post is a thank you.. nice.

Last edited by Globalist; Dec 19, 2016 at 8:01 am
Old Dec 19, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Mixed classes

I'm trying to book an award with CX, first leg is in F second one in C. Online this is not possible. I find however the availability under ba.com and had contact with the call center, however unfortunately they do not see the same availability for the connecting flight as I do. Online 5 seats are actually available.

Second leg is operated by KA, is that maybe an issue?
I gave them the KA flight # as well.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 10:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Atlantico
I'm trying to book an award with CX, first leg is in F second one in C. Online this is not possible. I find however the availability under ba.com and had contact with the call center, however unfortunately they do not see the same availability for the connecting flight as I do. Online 5 seats are actually available.

Mixed class should be possible online, search for J and both J and F will be shown for each leg of the itinerary.

Also you can only book avios rewards under the operating flight number. Mixing CX and KA should be fine but I think you will be charged on a mixed partner basis which may be quite expensive in terms of avios.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 3:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I have just noticed in the chart that UUA WTP to CW in peak times is lower than off peak for flights >3000mi. True? If so, how come? Because shorter flights are more popular than longhaul flights in peak times?
Old Dec 20, 2016, 3:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by florens
I have just noticed in the chart that UUA WTP to CW in peak times is lower than off peak. True?
Yes. Not always true, but in many cases the avios needed for a peak UuA from CW to F is less than the avios needed for an off-peak UuA on the same route.

For example, LHR-JFK UuA for CW->F is 24k off-peak and 20k peak.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 3:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes. Not always true, but in many cases the avios needed for a peak UuA from CW to F is less than the avios needed for an off-peak UuA on the same route.

For example, LHR-JFK UuA for CW->F is 24k off-peak and 20k peak.
Thanks!
Old Dec 20, 2016, 3:39 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by Atlantico

BA's website does sometimes give false positives for CX availability. Maybe it does for KA too?
Old Dec 23, 2016, 9:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
BA EC advised me Alaska Airlines partner economy award space books into W and not the T class shown.

Last edited by tcook052; Dec 23, 2016 at 9:43 am
Old Dec 24, 2016, 4:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, DL GM, AA Plat, NEXUS
Hi everyone,

As of now my IB Avios account is slightly over 3 months old, I did create one as I heard it might be better to transfer avios over from BA to IB for certain routes. Can anyone give me a brief overview of instances where it is good value to book rewards using avios on IB?

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.