Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to spending Avios | 2016

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2016, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by troyhouse
thanks for the searching, but I was looking to do 4-5 of days layover/stopover in MAD before reaching the final destination Barcelona. When booking through BA/Avios, there is an option to select longer stopover/layover but the only city available in the dropdown is LHR.

Hope this is clear,and sorry for the confusion.
BA.com do have a multi-destination/stopover search engine, but it doesn't give avio payment options. You can only pay with money.

I think this is a job for the BA call centre.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:05 am

Programs: BA GGL
Hi
I am planning a trip for 5 of us using avios. When I was playing with making a booking a message came up that I was looking for more seats than I have people in my HHA and F&F list. Then I saw the sentence in the guide which says....

"Members belonging to a Household Account (HHA) may only use book redemptions for themselves and other members in their HHA."

I have had a look at the t&cs on ba.com and it looks to me like I can book seats for people on my F&F list even if I have an HHA. One of the prospective travelers is in my HHA. I could add the others as F&Fs. Should that then make it possible to book for all of them?

Thanks.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Iamnotlost
Hi
I am planning a trip for 5 of us using avios. When I was playing with making a booking a message came up that I was looking for more seats than I have people in my HHA and F&F list. Then I saw the sentence in the guide which says....

"Members belonging to a Household Account (HHA) may only use book redemptions for themselves and other members in their HHA."

I have had a look at the t&cs on ba.com and it looks to me like I can book seats for people on my F&F list even if I have an HHA. One of the prospective travelers is in my HHA. I could add the others as F&Fs. Should that then make it possible to book for all of them?

Thanks.
Yes that should be fine to book for HHA and F&F members. However I think the number of F&F members you cna add is limited to no more than the number of HHA members, so you can't do a booking with 2 HHA members and 3 F&Fs.

I am not a HHA expert though so more information here if you need it http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/08...hold-accounts/
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:39 am

Thanks KARFA. I had a read of the Head for Points articles. I have sent an email question to the EC. I will report back.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
Hey, just booked JFK-NRT prem economy with avios. Will I be able to upgrade this flight with avios to business if seat availability opens up closer to my departure date? thanks
Old Feb 1, 2016, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by callmelukas
Hey, just booked JFK-NRT prem economy with avios. Will I be able to upgrade this flight with avios to business if seat availability opens up closer to my departure date? thanks
You can't UuA this, a UuA is only for use on cash bookings and only for BA, IB, and AA.

However, if a J seat opens up later phone in and change the ticket to J. You will have to pay the additional avios, any additional taxes/fees/charges (shouldn't be much) and a change fee of £35 per person.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks KARFA. I have a dilemma now, cancel the ticket now with hopes of a free 24 cancellation and wait till the date (April 10th) to redeem a J seat outright or keep the ticket and pay the difference later.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 12:21 pm

Household Account and Friends and Family

So, I sent in the web form and asked

"I want to book reward flights for 5 people to travel together. These will be myself, the other member of my household account plus 3 other people.
If I add the 3 other people to my Family and Friends list can I then make the booking for all 5 of us?"

Within a few minutes I had a reply which said

"I am pleased to inform you that you can book your reward flight for you Household account members as well as friends added in your Household account."

I'll add the 3 others as to F&F list and see what happens. Fingers crossed.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, EY Silver, AF/KL Silver
A quick question

Made a telephone booking with BA on Saturday and UuA'd one sector to F. Payment has been taken and booking appears correctly in MMB. The ticket number is showing in checkmytrip but not had any e-ticket confirmation from BA nor have the Avios been deducted.

Anything to be concerned about?

Thanks
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:23 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by darkside1957
A quick question

Made a telephone booking with BA on Saturday and UuA'd one sector to F. Payment has been taken and booking appears correctly in MMB. The ticket number is showing in checkmytrip but not had any e-ticket confirmation from BA nor have the Avios been deducted.

Anything to be concerned about?

Thanks
No not really as it will 99.99999% happen. Just keep an eye on your Avios account. When is your travel? If it's some time away then it will join a queue meantime.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, EY Silver, AF/KL Silver
Thanks PETER01 Travel is in April.

Last time I UuA'd the Avios were deducted and e-ticket received within 24 hours and that booking was made much further in advance
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:43 am

Trying to see availability on BA.com for Manchester to London and back for 24th May (returning 26th). I've tried it as a return and one-ways, and on other dates, but I keep getting an error message. Anyone any suggestions?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
A rather odd thing this evening from the Gold Line. I had an Avios booking to HKG on CX First but decided to cancel the booking (I'd booked a revenue booking instead). Couldn't do it online so the agent waived the service fee, but he said that I'd have to pay a cancellation fee (which I already knew). When he looked into the booking further he said that in fact the whole amount would be refunded on that booking. Why would that be?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by headingwest
A rather odd thing this evening from the Gold Line. I had an Avios booking to HKG on CX First but decided to cancel the booking (I'd booked a revenue booking instead). Couldn't do it online so the agent waived the service fee, but he said that I'd have to pay a cancellation fee (which I already knew). When he looked into the booking further he said that in fact the whole amount would be refunded on that booking. Why would that be?
Your lucky day? I cant think of a reason otherwise.

Wait until you get the refund first before you spend your extra £35 though
Old Feb 4, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
Your lucky day? I cant think of a reason otherwise.

Wait until you get the refund first before you spend your extra £35 though
Yeah, he must have liked the sound of my voice.

I thought it might be something to do with no taxes from HKG, but I guess he slipped up somewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.