Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Class Signature Gatwick

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2015, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Elite Class Signature Gatwick

Not sure if this has been covered but thought with the imminent closure of the BA lounges in Gatwick this may be of interest....... Flying on 13th Jan on 2155 in F. Have booked Elite Class. It seems to be similar to Windsor Suite at Heathrow. Private Check-In, Private Security and then driven to the aircraft door. Ł400. Not bad compared to cost of Heathrow VIP although you have to add Ł200 per extra pax. If anyone have done it already any feedback greatly appreciated as I have yet to forward them my CC details.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by didworthy1
Not sure if this has been covered but thought with the imminent closure of the BA lounges in Gatwick this may be of interest....... Flying on 13th Jan on 2155 in F. Have booked Elite Class. It seems to be similar to Windsor Suite at Heathrow. Private Check-In, Private Security and then driven to the aircraft door. Ł400. Not bad compared to cost of Heathrow VIP although you have to add Ł200 per extra pax. If anyone have done it already any feedback greatly appreciated as I have yet to forward them my CC details.
There is a recent thread about it here
Old Dec 31, 2015, 4:40 am

It will be interesting to hear how it pans out, but Ł400 still sounds expensive for the incremental benefits. I can't say I've ever waited more than a few minutes at either check in or fast track security so 'going private' on those isn't really something that would bother me much.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 4:43 am

Programs: BA GGL
Would be lovely to have something at this price point at LHR. We would use it every single time. The current service is just extortionate.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: BAEC
Ł400 ?! Does anyone really pay that ?

Personally, I can't see how that is remotely good value. I'd sooner have more fun spending some of the money in the Caviar House on champagne and nibbles (and still have plenty of change left over)...
Old Dec 31, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Does seem like a lot to me, if I was earning 5x as much as I do then perhaps it would seem less so!

I think I could queue for 10-20 minutes with the wife and kid for Ł800!
Old Dec 31, 2015, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

There's a similar departure/arrival service at EZE as well as other airports here. Called Aeropuertos VIP Club you can buy an annual pass with umlimited use which means the more you fly the more value you get out of it. Needless to say I'm not a member.

Reports seem to suggest its worth largely depends on whether you arrive/depart during busy times. It's more aimed at corporate travellers though.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: OW Emerald
I'd be interested to hear any first hand reports of this service. I have a couple of LGW flights early on next year (post the closure of the BA lounge) and would seriously consider this as an option for both arrival and departure if the marketing is accurate.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 2:20 pm

Has anybody used Elite Class at Gatwick and can report on what it's like?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.