Wiki Posts
Search

Early check-in at Amsterdam?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Early check-in at Amsterdam?

If I have a lunchtime flight from Amsterdam to Heathrow, how early can I check in my bags? I am flying in CE and connecting to another BA flight in CW to Bangkok if that makes any difference. I was hoping to check in early (at 6 or 7am) and spend a few hours in Amsterdam before the flight.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 6:43 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
The only way to know for sure is by trying it. There are earlier flights out of AMS before yours, making it more likely that they will accept your bag. A friend who lives there was able to do this just last week, attend his meeting bag free, and fly out AMS-LHR-JFK later on that afternoon.

I would not guarantee this will happen every time as IIRC the rules for CE bag drop times are supposedly 3 hours prior. Hopefully you will have better a experience at AMS than others have recently had according to reports in another thread. I don't know AMS that well myself but if there is a left luggage there maybe you could use this as the backup option.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
I checked in luggage at AMS at around 10am for a 4.25pm flight (AMS-LHR-HKG) on a cheap Y booking without any comment in November.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thanks for these responses. I will give it a go and report back here.

many thanks
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
I've had mixed experience with this previously when I was doing AMS - LHR - HKG. I was on the BA 441 (7pm) departure and came to AMS at 10am since I had a meeting near the airport at 12pm. They stated that they couldn't check in my bag due and had to come back 3 hours prior.

Also had the same experience doing an ex-EU run and had an 8pm flight back from DUB - LHR.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
There are some bag lockers on the arrivals level where you can store your bags
Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Gold, Eurostar CB, FB Explorer
Yep, there are lockers with very reasonable rates - I've used them when I've missed the deadline for bag checkin before.

Between 6 and 12 € for 24hrs

http://www.schiphol.nl/Travellers/At...ageLockers.htm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.