Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA15

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2015, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

BA15

Just needed a quick bit of advice, flying LHR-SYD in J, leaving at 2145 and arriving into SYD at 0650. Will I be able to use the lounge at SIN or will it be a quick refuelling stop? Thanks
Old Dec 25, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Yes, you can use lounge - they kick you off plane for a bit
Old Dec 25, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Yes, you can use lounge - they kick you off plane for a bit
I suggest you get to the lounge asap as there's not huge amounts of time but I'd definitely try to grab a shower as it will make you feel much better!
Old Dec 25, 2015, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by loungesnob
I suggest you get to the lounge asap as there's not huge amounts of time but I'd definitely try to grab a shower as it will make you feel much better!
That's exactly what I wanted to do as have a lot planned on my first day in syd and wanted to arrive refreshed, will try & get there as quick as possible
Old Dec 25, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: BAEC
I'd recommend going to the Qantas lounge which is next to the BA one. It's much larger and there probably won't be a shower queue.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond
Note that you will need to reclear security in SIN, as it's at the gate before you re-board.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 7:12 pm

Programs: BAEC
Does anyone have any tips/advice for the best thing/most refreshing to do during the stopover for those travelling in Economy?
Old Dec 25, 2015, 8:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Perhaps have a shower at the Plaza Premium Lounge or the Wellness Oasis . The former will likely be closest to the BA gate

Costs USD12 and can be booked in advance at www.plaza-network.com

Last edited by Dave Noble; Dec 25, 2015 at 8:28 pm
Old Dec 26, 2015, 3:55 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by amit1978
Just needed a quick bit of advice, flying LHR-SYD in J, leaving at 2145 and arriving into SYD at 0650. Will I be able to use the lounge at SIN or will it be a quick refuelling stop? Thanks
Super sonic flight eh?
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:41 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by mike turnbull
Super sonic flight eh?
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Super sonic flight eh?
Um, that is about the scheduled arrival time of BA15
Old Dec 26, 2015, 6:49 am

Yes, you tend to have about an hour off the plane. The ba lounge can be a very long walk which eats up a significant portion of that time and the lounge can be very busy. The showers are good, but you might be waiting a while and run out of time (in 6 attempts, my wife and I have had 3 showers). If you just want a shower (a good idea) and you have access to a different lounge, I'd go for that other lounge.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
Originally Posted by londonba2014
Does anyone have any tips/advice for the best thing/most refreshing to do during the stopover for those travelling in Economy?
I was told you can pay for a shower in Changi, although I don't know where. But something as simple as having clean socks and underwear with you can make you feel much better. You only have just over an hour in Changi. You may not have much time to go to a paid lounge, but the toilets shouldn't be too far away if you decide you want to quickly change.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 8:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Super sonic flight eh?
Well it does arrive two days later at 0650, although I wish I could get a supersonic flight on that route. It'd be so much less painful if it can be a direct flight AND supersonic. Wishful thinking, of course.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Well it does arrive two days later at 0650, although I wish I could get a supersonic flight on that route. It'd be so much less painful if it can be a direct flight AND supersonic. Wishful thinking, of course.
^^^^^^

... on second thoughts, it's billable time, so perhaps not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.