Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CCR Access

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
CCR Access

Hello!

We are doing an Ex-EU soon, LHR - CPH and then the day after CPH to LHR and then LHR to SFO in F.

Because we will have the F boarding passes when in LHR the day before, are we able to access the CCR?

Thanks as always
Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:43 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
No, you wouldn't get access to the CCR if you are doing LHR-CPH on day 1 and LHR-SFO in F on day 2.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:48 pm

A cheeky request, given the recent controversy over ex-EU's!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by KARFA
No, you wouldn't get access to the CCR if you are doing LHR-CPH on day 1 and LHR-SFO in F on day 2.
Indeed. Sadly, it is same calendar day or next day if you arrive on an overnight in F. I personally think that it is an anomaly as it means that not all connections are treated the same but BA is apparently strict about this.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Indeed. Sadly, it is same calendar day or next day if you arrive on an overnight in F. I personally think that it is an anomaly as it means that not all connections are treated the same but BA is apparently strict about this.
What a shock! BA doesn't treat ex-EU flights the same! Wild! You are taking this flight in order to take advantage of ex-EU pricing, and now you wonder why BA doesn't give you the same perks as if you had flown from LHR? That is very cheeky!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
They are being treated the same in that one connection through T5 gives you one session in the CCR - not two sessions if your connection happens to be overnight arriving on the previous day (if it was even possible to get airside again).

If I understand the original post correctly, they are even hoping to get into the CCR while departing LHR on the previous day on a separate ticket to go to CPH to begin their journey - and that's right out, they aren't even on a connecting flight in F.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
What a shock! BA doesn't treat ex-EU flights the same! Wild! You are taking this flight in order to take advantage of ex-EU pricing, and now you wonder why BA doesn't give you the same perks as if you had flown from LHR? That is very cheeky!
I think you are both misunderstanding my point (which was quite different from the op) and mistaken in yours. "Ex-EU" as you and many others call them make absolutely zero difference to the situation. CCR access is most obviously allowed during connections but they must be same day as opposed to within 24 hours (which is the very definition of a connection), which means that not all connections are treated the same.

To take care of your "ex-EU" claim, it means that should a UK-based person fly, say, LHR-CPH//CPH-LHR-XXX all on the same day, they would have access to the CCR before their positioning flight.

By contrast, there are a number of cases where same day genuine connections are just materially impossible. For instance, when you arrive on the JFK or BOS day flights, same day connections become impossible to most destinations because you would need a flight leaving LHR after 10pm, and only a handful of destinations have that. In that case, you will need to spend the night in London before flying off again the next day, and if your second flight only has CE or CW you will not be able to use the CCR.

So, for instance, you could have someone who is flying Boston to Bengaluru on an extremely expensive F ticket (the cheapest available on this route is $12,500) who will not be able to use the CCR just because they had to take the morning flight from BOS for whatever reason, and the Bengaluru connection (where CW is the highest class available) leaves the day after their arrival. Their ticket is exactly the same as someone who used an overnight BOS-LHR and can connect the same day but they are treated differently.

So you can be as ironic as you want, for me, it is an anomaly, and incidentally absolutely unrelated to "ex-EUs".

Last edited by orbitmic; Dec 23, 2015 at 4:34 pm
Old Dec 23, 2015, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by flatlander
They are being treated the same in that one connection through T5 gives you one session in the CCR - not two sessions if your connection happens to be overnight arriving on the previous day (if it was even possible to get airside again).

If I understand the original post correctly, they are even hoping to get into the CCR while departing LHR on the previous day on a separate ticket to go to CPH to begin their journey - and that's right out, they aren't even on a connecting flight in F.
Again, my point was not about the OP's case who is asking about CCR on a separate itinerary on a separate day (where it is perfectly normal that he shouldn't have CCR access) but about the anomaly of transit CCR access which is "24 hours" rather than "connection" including when booked on a single PNR.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 4:28 pm

Ive had no problems with this. Travelling LHR to BRU late in the evening (in CE), with early flight back BRU-LHR-LAX next morning (in CE then F). I just presented the First boarding card for LHR-LAX on my way to BRU and enjoyed a drink in CCR before leaving.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Though if LHR-CPH was on the same day there would be access - if the BP has been issued. If i didn't have CCR access already I'd be doing this on my ex-BGO to SEA next year
Old Dec 23, 2015, 4:32 pm

...and I did ask! "Can I use this tonight please?" "Certainly Sir, welcome to the Concorde Room"
Old Dec 23, 2015, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by oxent
...and I did ask! "Can I use this tonight please?" "Certainly Sir, welcome to the Concorde Room"
I'm glad for you it worked, but this was very explicitly a mistake as it is not allowed according to BA rules. I have asked multiple times, in part because one of my more frequent connections (as described above, not an ex-whatever but just a genuine connection) involves a necessary overnight in London and I thought that this was probably just a mistake, but the answer from You First as well as GGL has been consistent: only same calendar day connection gives you CCR access, only same calendar day connection to pre-book spa treatments.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
only same calendar day connection to pre-book spa treatments.
I got worried that I didn't pre-book my private cabana at the CCR in LHR. But then I checked this http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...t-sperm-banks/ and stopped worrying.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 1:37 am

I was able to do this in reverse.

Flight 1: BOS-LHR in F on Day 1
Flight 2: LHR-DUB in CE on Day 2 (same booking as Flight 1) - granted access to CCR
Flight 3: DUB-LHR in CE on Day 2
Flight 4: LHR-BOM in CW on Day 2 (same booking as Flight 3) - granted access to CCR

Based on the comments above it looks like I was lucky.

While presenting my boarding pass at the podium before Flight 2 I specifically said, I' arrived from BOS in First last night'

I also got op upped from CW to F on Flight 4, but that was at the gate so I doubt that it had any bearing on my access to the CCR.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 1:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
But BA is treating the Ex-EU in exactly the same way it treats domestic connections.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.