Search

Change WT Avios Booking to CW

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Hi All

Booked to fly NCL LHR YYZ in First Class August 2016

Booked YYZ LHR NCL in World Traveller a week later as there was no first or cw available for the dates and one way tickets are crazy money

There are 6 club world seats available now for my dates now - the question is...

Will BA charge me full cancellation fees for the 3 X world traveller tickets - if so I will still get the 60k avios back into my account won't I?

Just trying to work out if its worth cancelling and rebooking into CW

Thanks
Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:34 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
For a reward flight as long as you cancel more than 24 hours before the first flight you will get all the avios back, and all the cash minus the cancellation fee. The cancellation fee is Ł35 per person.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by craigmmorq4
There are 6 club world seats available now for my dates now - the question is...

Will BA charge me full cancellation fees for the 3 X world traveller tickets - if so I will still get the 60k avios back into my account won't I?
On the assumption that the cash element that you have already paid for the YYZ-LHR-NCL tickets exceeds Ł35 per person, why don't you just change the booking from WT to CW? The change fee is Ł35, the same as the cancellation fee.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
deleted - misinterpreted the op
Old Dec 17, 2015, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
You can call and have them just change your existing WT redemption to a CW redemption. They will take the additional avios and collect the additional taxes and the change fee.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 6:30 pm

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL

Don't cancel as you run the risk of the Avios not re depositing straight away or the CW seats going before you can book them and being left with nothing.

Just call them and they will change it for you with no fuss.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 2:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
If the agent is doing the cancellation on the phone they can redeposit the avios immediately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.