Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

When is the GGL phoneline not the GGL phoneline?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is the GGL phoneline not the GGL phoneline?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2015, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Quote:

Originally Posted by orbitmic

To be honest I had no issue with where she were just with the fact that she insisted I could only use a GUF (booked on ba.com and a pure ba itinerary) only at the time of ticket purchase which is simply wrong. So if those agents have been ggl trained I don't think the training has been that efficient.

At the risk of being utterly pedantic, since GUFs are not GGL benefits, it's more likely that she hadn't been GUF-trained very well, rather than not being GGL-trained very well.
Same thing, no? You can't get to GGL without getting through a GUF first.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
One other thing with this - what's the official BAEC term for the GGL 'joker'?

I've mentioned using my joker to the GGL staff before and they've not understood what I meant. Is there a proper name for it?
Old Dec 18, 2015, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
GGL redemption / concession.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by BA6501
GGL redemption / concession.
Never heard the concession version indeed, but have always heard "GGL redemption". That said, in my experience, when you tell GGL agents you want to use "one of my GGL jokers" they know exactly what you are on about!
Old Dec 18, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
I am pretty well satisfied with the wait times and with the competence of the agents answering the GGL line. Not once I had a bad experience with them in all those years, they are professional and very customer minded.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 8:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Gold Guest List Redemption Reward
Old Dec 18, 2015, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Never heard the concession version indeed, but have always heard "GGL redemption". That said, in my experience, when you tell GGL agents you want to use "one of my GGL jokers" they know exactly what you are on about!
This has not been my experience! I'm starting to think the number I have isn't the same one you folks are ringing!

The last time I asked the GGL line about using a joker, they thought I was trying to use a gold priority reward, where you use 2x Avios to open up a reward seat.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: DL DM
I have always been a huge fan of the GGL line and the folk there, but, I do have to say that there must have been some changes or calls going elsewhere at different times (and not 01:00 - 06:00).

I had one call a couple of weeks ago where I was changing a reward booking and, right at the end, the lady went to charge me for the changes. I told her that GGL didn't need to pay for the change. She sounded surprised, said - "Oh, are you a GGL?" and apologized. So, not convinced I was at the GGL line.

Then I had another reward booking last week - this was the GGL line and the lady had no idea how to use a GUF1 voucher, how many avios to take - took 30 minutes and then she told me that she would have to take 10,000's of avios more and then manually return them. She never did return them.
I had to call back and spoke to one of the "real" agents - who sorted everything out in minutes with great customer service.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by opalfruit
One other thing with this - what's the official BAEC term for the GGL 'joker'?

I've mentioned using my joker to the GGL staff before and they've not understood what I meant. Is there a proper name for it?
Ive never heard the term joker used and i've checked and have never seen an easy guide published for it (looking under various possible names) i think its because its exclusive and only really GGL handle them.

Comparatively there are easy guides for Amex (and the US and canadian equivalents) Uua, standard avios, avios and cash, RFS and gold priority reward and GUF.

This of course means a regular change booking agent or otherwise are very very unlikely to have heard of 'jokers'.

Last edited by Anonba; Dec 18, 2015 at 11:41 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.