Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Advice on flying with a 3 month old baby in CW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on flying with a 3 month old baby in CW

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2016, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Originally Posted by catharsis
Thanks for coming back with an update.

Just to confirm this was in the DAA/BA Lounge and not in the EI Lounge? I've brought Junior through the Lounge in Dub 3 Times in last few months and never noticed this. I'm amazed I've never noticed this but it's good to hear it's there.

Very useful info overall thanks.
Yes it was the DAA lounge. I did not know it was there. Its good if the child kicks off a little. It is not sound proofed but it is a separate space and the bean bags are comfortable for all ages if not slightly impossible to get out of.

As for the buggy, I think from now on we would just hire one in the destination we are going to.

Flight time would have made a big difference to leaving I think. 9.45pm was on the balance too late for the baby.

Should add that generally I found BA very helpful and as I pointed out elsewhere they arranged special services to meet us off the plane in Dubai. It was a lovely gesture and maybe just co-incidence.

Also with reference to putting on the noise cancelling headphones it was the baby on the other side of the plane that I could not hear. I was not ignoring my own just in case it came across that way!

If anyone had further questions feel free to pm.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 5:55 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Thanks for sharing your experience MickV. It sounds fairly similar to our experience from 2014 ( http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...ly-irrops.html ), without the overnight delay. I'm glad to hear the experience was mostly great. My general approach when I'm told no (such as being served food in a staggered way) would be to offer a solution that still works within what they have such, such as, "well, can you just serve me first and my wife last, that should give us enough time to eat". Or with the knowledge that others have had this happen, I'd probably have suggested that it was possible on your previous flight, and wondering if policy had changed, and reminding them how difficult it is for you to eat at the same time as holding the baby. That said, on our first flight of the trip, our son was breastfeeding at the time I made the polite request, so I don't think they were interested in persuading us otherwise!

From my perspective, BA cabin crew are at their best when you're traveling in CW or F with kids and/or a baby. Our son is almost 2 now, and at this age, we're going to wait until he's at least 3 before doing another longhaul with him. When they are under 9 months, they're not very mobile, but after that they really want to move around more than you really can on a long flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.