Search

Paid seat reservations - confused

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2015, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Skywards
Paid seat reservations - confused

Hi,
I have paid for 3 seats on the BA213 LHR-BOS on 23 December on the main deck. When I look to check for availability of better seats, ie the upper deck the web site tells me I can choose any available seat for £68 each. That's £68x3 I've already paid. I would expect to pay the difference between main and upper deck reservations but the system seems to ignore that I've paid anything, while still showing the seats as reserved.
Web site bug?
On the return trip I've booked 3 seats on the upper deck. When I look in MMB it tells me, as expected, that I can choose any available seats for no extra payment.
Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by pa31pilot
I would expect to pay the difference between main and upper deck reservations but the system seems to ignore that I've paid anything, while still showing the seats as reserved.
ISTR reports that when people have done this, they've found that they are actually only charged the difference in price, as one would expect. But I don't think we've had this confirmed recently.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 4:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Globaliser
ISTR reports that when people have done this, they've found that they are actually only charged the difference in price, as one would expect. But I don't think we've had this confirmed recently.
It's in the T&C wording for paid seating actually - see changes section. So I'd call up. Since Tuesday I've noticed a few glitches in seat selection for bookings no longer in Self Serve mode (e.g. after manual changes).

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...seating-terms/
Old Dec 17, 2015, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by pa31pilot
Hi,
I have paid for 3 seats on the BA213 LHR-BOS on 23 December on the main deck. When I look to check for availability of better seats, ie the upper deck the web site tells me I can choose any available seat for £68 each. That's £68x3 I've already paid. I would expect to pay the difference between main and upper deck reservations but the system seems to ignore that I've paid anything, while still showing the seats as reserved.
Web site bug?
On the return trip I've booked 3 seats on the upper deck. When I look in MMB it tells me, as expected, that I can choose any available seats for no extra payment.
Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.
Sometimes Ba.com or even the system we use in the contact centres doesn't correctly pick up that you have paid before n tries to charge again.

So if BA.com is doing this i would call up.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 6:50 am

I had this experience and paid the difference of $6.75 for the seat change as the price had changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.