Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CSD/CSM greeting for GCH

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2015, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

CSD/CSM greeting for GCH

Any other GCHs noticed that this has seemingly become a thing of the past? Is it because there are just too many people to meet and greet?

Actually thought that was quite a nice touch they introduced a while back and for some time, I received a lot of greetings, particularly when flying WT/WTP.

Flying WTP the other week, I noticed the nice CSD lady gave me one and I realised this was the first I'd had in absolutely ages of regular long haul flights.

Do most just not bother doing it?
Old Dec 7, 2015, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Plat, Amex Plat.
My impression is that some CSD/CSM's make a point of it and seem to enjoy talking and meeting with folks in the lesser cabins, while others.... Well, while others have other things to do.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
I have noticed an increase in personal greetings in the past few months. I guess I was just lucky and had some great crews. It's easy and it doesn't take a lot to perform it, imo this action should be encouraged.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 6:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold
twice in the last 12 flights (2 in 6 LH and 0 in 6 SH)...
Old Dec 7, 2015, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-greeting.html
Old Dec 7, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
I had an 'enjoy your drink, Mr Flyingscotsman' on a domestic the other week. Quite nice as it wasn't forced at all but the Eurofleet CSD (on an A320) clearly knew who the Gold Cards were and had learned the names
Old Dec 7, 2015, 6:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OWS)
I don't think I've ever had a personal greeting on a BA flight. On CX and KA flights I get greeted personally by the CSM/D equivalent every time (to the bemusement of those around me).
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
The only time I have received it in the last year was flying Y to ACE in Feb. After the service, the CSD came down the aisle with his iPad and introduced himself to Gold pax. There were quite a few of us. A young guy, he did it in a professional and friendly manner which was nice.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:03 pm

After 11 months of being Gold, I was personally greeted by the CSD on my flight from LHR-KUL the other day. Also, the whole crew were fantastic from start to finish so I finally had a reason to dish out a golden ticket.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, QFF Gold, TK Elite
Had it a few times on BA, more so when travelling in ET/WT. The most impressive one was the CSD (or equivalent) on a recent MH flight KUL-SYD who shook hands with and greeted by name every passenger in the business cabin! Must have a great memory
Old Dec 7, 2015, 10:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold
CSD/CSM greeting for GCH

Personal greeting AND farewell to the entire business cabin from the Purser on Sunday's QF flight from SYD- BKK . Very impressive as he also led o the service throughout the flight.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 10:42 pm

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
This happened twice recently. The first time we were in economy flying from LHR to Gran Canaria. When the drinks trolley came round the cc said "Would you like a drink Mr Tuff?". Last weekend on a domestic flight up to EDI I hobbled onto the aircraft and asked whether I could put my crutches in the wardrobe. When I said I was in 1D the CC immediately said "Oh are you Mr Tuff?".
Old Dec 7, 2015, 11:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Thai Gold, JetPriviledge
I had a very smart example on the MF Stuttgart service last week by the girl serving the ET cabin who used the "What can I get you to drink Mr Alwaysfly?" approach which was used again when I went to the loo and as I came returned to my seat " Mr Alwaysfly is there anything else I can get you to drink" She did the same with the lady in front of me - both at the front of the ET cabin.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 12:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
I think it's great that they address you all by your FT username. Proper impressive stuff Mr Tuff!
Old Dec 8, 2015, 12:21 am

Interesting. I hadn't considered being addressed by name during service to be the CSD/M greeting. Perhaps the different interpretation partly explains why some people say it happens frequently, while others say it never happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.