Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

OSL departure help - How early I need to get there?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Any OSL frequents?
I am flying back on THU evening on BA769 from OSL (HBO).
Day packed with meetings and it looks that they might overrunning, hence double checking all my timings.
Haven't been through OSL for months, is there minimum time for security? BA is gates 50 onwards right? (e.g. longest walk/run from train)
Is taking 19:20 train from Oslo S cutting it too short?

All help, guidance appreciated!

Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
what time is plane due to depart?
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: Most of them, I think ...
The 1920 will get you in at 1942. There's no Fast Track security for BAEC members, so you are in the line with everyone else. (assuming HBO)

Then once through turn right and leg it to gate 5x, stopping just before the gate for a passport check.

To be honest I'd want to be on the 1900 at the very latest.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: Most of them, I think ...
Originally Posted by stewaran
BA769 is scheduled to depart at 2030.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stewaran
It is the 2030 service to LHR
Old Dec 7, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL, A3 Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Gold
OSL is usually pretty efficient IME, although I have waited a good 20 mins in security at busy times. The 1920 from Oslo S is cutting it quite fine.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by timbo_baggins

There's no Fast Track security for BAEC members, so you are in the line with everyone else. (assuming HBO)

The lack of Fast Track access at OSL really is a poor show on the part of BA - not least given the range of other, 'lesser', carriers that do offer it there.

Was surprised to discover this at first hand when travelling to OSL a couple of months back. If the friendly (and perhaps overly-honest !) check-in agent who looked after me is to be believed , the reason is simply because BA refuse to pay for the service.

The said agent went on to add that he had lost count of the number of times he felt obliged to pass on to his line manager the grievances regularly expressed by pax.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, M&M FTL, TK *G HHonors Gold
Heard from a friend who flew out on BA from OSL a few days ago that he actually got acess to fast track. Not sure if it was because of status and/or cabin (He flew in Club and is at least GCH).
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:48 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I would want to be at the airport by 7:30 or 7:40 pm, and so I would take the train before 7:20pm -- probably the 7pm train but maybe even the one before. And this if traveling hand baggage only and having my boarding pass in hand well before heading to the airport.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 12:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I have been to OSL quite a few times and I don't generally enjoy hanging round airports so usually cut things fine, but even that's too risky for me! I wouldn't leave OSL S less than 90 minutes before flight departure and for you that means a train at 19:00. There are a couple of reasons for this:-

- lack of fast track. I have had a good 15 mins at OSL security. 19:30 is likely to be a busy time
- there is a passport check to get to the non-Schengen gate and I have had 5-10 minutes there before due to a couple of other international departures at the same time
- if the inbound aircraft is on time they won't hang around with boarding and could be looking to go bang on time or even a couple of minutes early. They won't wait for you I'm afraid.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 2:19 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, M&M FTL, TK *G HHonors Gold
I can now confirm that there is a BA logo on the screen above the fast track entrance at OSL.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 2:22 am

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
Flying SK I am often late to OSL, arriving max 1 hr before departure on most occasions - however I then have access to fast track!

The lack of fast track means that if you get a 19.20 express train you will be relying on a max security wait of 15 minutes. It is unusual that OSL has long security lines at that time (different ballgame if your flight was two hours earlier).

You should be fine, but it is not a departure from Oslo S that I would feel comfortable in planning for if flying without FT access.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 3:31 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by martinfoss
I can now confirm that there is a BA logo on the screen above the fast track entrance at OSL.
You got to it just before me.

I was at OSL yesterday and noted the BA logo on the Fast-Track panel.

The J section of the OSL Lounge (its name opposed to location) is now open. The loo's, which were the last part to be finished, were completed yesterday morning while I was in the lounge downing the glug kettles
Old Dec 8, 2015, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Take the 19:00 train from Oslo S if you can make it. If you can't take the 19:20 train at the latest; most likely you will still make it to the gate in time.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 4:10 am

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by martinfoss
Perhaps due to an increase in ex-OSL departures!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.