Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Award flights (separate) - connecting in ZRH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:22 am

From there is probably not much to do. The airport has a train station on -1 level. It connects you to Zurich main station in less than 10min. Main station is right in the center of Zurich. This might be another option, since your flight is not leaving very early.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:27 am

Btw. The Cx lounge you can use in zrh is actually a joke. I wouldn't bother too much and instead spend a nice morning in the city.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:28 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Originally Posted by d3vski
Existing reward is via American Airlines miles.

Was planning on staying at the radisson Blu as it is connected to the terminal.
Staying at the Radisson Blu could accomplish many suggestions listed in this thread.

1. Connected (indoors) to ZRH, no need for winter clothes
2. Pretty good hotel restaurant with even more interesting décor (column of wine bottles, wine tower, antlers on the ceiling...). You could probably enjoy some traditional Swiss dishes (they had geschnetzeltes at the grill last time I was there) and their wine list is pretty extensive for an airport hotel/restaurant. Although beware, the grill closes at 23:00 so once you're off your flight, make a run for the restaurant if you're keen on trying it The bar is open later so you could always go for a nightcap as well.
3. In the morning it's possible to leave the airport briefly (whilst staying entirely indoors/on a train) to Zuri HB, which hosts Europe's largest indoor Christmas market inside the station. You'll be able to stay perfectly warm
Old Dec 4, 2015, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Thanks for the info...looks like a morning stroll in Zurich is in order!
Old Dec 4, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by schranerli
Btw. The Cx lounge you can use in zrh is actually a joke. I wouldn't bother too much and instead spend a nice morning in the city.
+1 But the Sprüngli Café in the airport is pretty nice. They also clean the tables off when people leave. ^
Old Dec 4, 2015, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by greg5
+1 But the Sprüngli Café in the airport is pretty nice. They also clean the tables off when people leave.
Yes true. Actually most of the paid restaurants are good, but I'm not a big fan of the lounges there. Even the Lx gold lounge is not actually great.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
I tend to abide by the following lounge rules:

a) airline operated lounge at hub - worth spending extra time.

b) airline operated lounge at outstation - worth entering but only if timing suits.

C) 3rd party operated lounge at outstation - arrive at airport as close to departure as possible and bypass lounge.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Thanks for the replies. I think I will keep the last flight out the night before (can not go earlier as wife is working - finish at 17:00 hrs near Tower Hill).
I don't know whether times or availability would work for you, but don't forget that there are LCY-ZRH flights, and LCY is ideal if you're starting from the Tower Hill area (DLR from Tower Gateway to Canning Town and change there to go on to LCY).
Old Dec 7, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
I tend to abide by the following lounge rules:

a) airline operated lounge at hub - worth spending extra time.

b) airline operated lounge at outstation - worth entering but only if timing suits.

C) 3rd party operated lounge at outstation - arrive at airport as close to departure as possible and bypass lounge.
+1

I make exceptions for the QF lounge in SYD/MEL, CX lounges in HKG or the CCR, but other than that I usually don't bother.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.