Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

AA 'Flagship Dining' now open in DFW and available to BA Gold Card holders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2015, 2:21 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.

AA have recently opened a small Flagship Dining section in the D concourse AAdmirals Club next to D21 in Dallas. The door to the relatively small room is manned by a 'guardian' and you need an invitation (issued in the lobby) to get in.

Flagship entry rules appear to be the same as others such as LAX and JFK and it's open to BA Gold / Oneworld emerald even on domestic flights.

There's a small selection of food and also some self service wines and champagne.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 2:26 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
At the risk of making an achingly prosaic comment, DFW is the inter-galactic headquarters of the biggest commercial airline in the history of the planet. And they're not short of space in that lounge either. Still it's good to get it (or rather, get it back).
Old Dec 3, 2015, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

In the interests of setting expectations, it really is very very small.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
And really not that exciting or tempting.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
It's very awkward to be honest. Tiny room and feels like you are ushered in and out due to the lack of space. It is definitely for dining only, not for lounging around.

On a side note I was there for the first official day traveling domestic economy on AA. Lounge agents downstairs said I wasn't eligible but a male customer service rep upstairs (can't remember the name) confirmed that Gold's do indeed have access so be prepared to be persistent if needed.

Sadly nothing to write home about when inside but something different from the Centurion lounge where the menu tends to stay the same.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sebastiansw3
And really not that exciting or tempting.
I'm en-route to my hotel in San Bernardino, CA with a meeting tomorrow in Redlands so I'll take non-exciting thanks. What is the world coming to
Old Dec 3, 2015, 9:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VX Gold
I was there the other week and they asked me if I was traveling internationally. When I said no they wouldn't give me the magic card. As I only had about 10 mins to wait after my incoming flight was late, I didn't make a fuss. But good to know that insisting will get you in there.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 9:40 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
The Centurion lounge at DFW is arguably the best lounge at the airport. It is accessible for Amex Centurion and Platinum cardholders.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
The Centurion lounge at DFW is arguably the best lounge at the airport. It is accessible for Amex Centurion and Platinum cardholders.
And all other Amex card holders for a fee too (subject to capacity)

I'd say it's worth it if you're there for a while, all the OW lounges in DFW are very meh
Old Jun 25, 2016, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Just sitting in the LAX Flagship lounge and there's a sign here saying that Flagship Dining is coming to LAX in 2017 too. Didn't really want to start a new thread and I'm sure there's something in the AA forum on this already but thought I'd tag it on here.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 9:58 pm

Location: Usually LAX or SFO but sometimes MIA in the winter or LCY or PVK in the summer and every now and then SIN or SGN
Programs: in ASM, APL & C++ but never Java
I stopped in the DFW Flagship dining lounge a few weeks back, and honestly it's a little disappointing. The two staff in the room while helpful stood around looking at their phones most of the time, and the food was just your usual lounge stuff. Room was at capacity which was ~20 people and it's a very small space to begin with.

The AA gate dragons (at the main entry to the AA lounge) asked me to produce my BA Gold card despite it saying OW Emerald all over the boarding pass, and then gave me a hard time when the one I had in my bag expired the year before. Still, it all worked out and while disappointing, it's still better than hanging out at some fast food joint.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Don't forget you can always pull up your current status card on the BA app.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 10:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, PriorityClub Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold fivestar
Originally Posted by brit44
It's very awkward to be honest. Tiny room and feels like you are ushered in and out due to the lack of space. It is definitely for dining only, not for lounging around.
It is small and awkward. There was an elderly gentleman giving tech support to his wife by phone one time when I was in there. Everyone in the room could hear the name of the bank (Fidelity), the username and about three or four passwords he was trying to get her to try. He was chatting away when I arrived in the room and still at it 20 mins later when I left. To be fair: he was getting very annoyed with his wife towards the end, he was probably more annoyed at her than I was at his noise.

I do recognize some of the food from the normal lounge. Eg) Flagship dining had exactly the same soup as the Austin AA lounge just that in the FL it was in a "Le Crusset" pot rather then the normal soup cauldron.

They had run out of the salted caramel desert last time I was there so I asked about it. I was told that the chef would "make some" more for me. He did turn up a few minutes later with a plate that had 5 squares of desert on it.

All in all I think it is a nice little addition to DFW.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 2:58 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
At most times, I would prefer the Centurion lounge over the flagship dining at DFW, and definitely over the lounge that BA offers. That said, it's still a positive addition, and will be better if AA does improve the food. My experiences in FL are that the food has often been sitting there for a very long time, leading to food that is dried out and overcooked.

For what it's worth, a new centurion lounge has opened at IAH, so if you're connecting from a BA flight to an AA flight, you now have a domestic lounge to use. It's within terminal D and all terminals are connected airside at IAH. AA still has plans to open a lounge at IAH in the near future as well. For a long time, IAH was not really somewhere I would connect, but now it's an option that might be good for some with the improved lounge options.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:40 pm

Location: Usually LAX or SFO but sometimes MIA in the winter or LCY or PVK in the summer and every now and then SIN or SGN
Programs: in ASM, APL & C++ but never Java
Originally Posted by golfmad
Don't forget you can always pull up your current status card on the BA app.
Thanks, that never occurred to me! I'll be passing through IAH to LHR and back soon, and I'll definitely try the Centurion Lounge on the return leg. Between Priority Pass lounges and Centurion, IAH has numerous options that make it an attractive transfer point. While I've never tried the IAH Centurion, the LAS one is excellent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.