Community
Wiki Posts
Search

is ba the worst airline on earth?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2015, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
And it's quite ungrammatical as well. Trying to get availability is most frustrating sometime and it can change daily. Nothing today and the next day up pops a seat. I'd always supposed that they'd always charge for a seat rather than take miles for it. As for the taxes, they are iniquitous and if people outside the UK don't like it they can fly elsewhere. That way there might be a few seats left for those of us who have no choice and pay up.
Ah, dear innocent Duchess PUCCI ... you know as well as any of us that availability is as variable as the English weather [can you remember that far back?].

As to taxes and fees ... I guess that's why DUB is seeing a massive surge in pax traffic [and thus profits] these days. Even the staff there seem to have identified what's happening!
Old Nov 28, 2015, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
Independence for the Trucial Sheikhdoms in 1971 has not stopped me getting 4x redemption returns in J to DXB during next year's Easter school holidays.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Ask any Canadian and it's AC by a longshot. While BA isn't as good as it was 10 years ago the OP is complaining I think more about the FFP. BAEC is still good for me considering the alternatives. Look at the new 2016 spend requirements for AC's SE level which is the only level worth having.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...17-status.html
Old Nov 28, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat, various hotels
I collect Aa miles rather than avios and always seem to find that AA offer plenty of BA flights across the pond.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by tigertanaka
Independence for the Trucial Sheikhdoms in 1971 has not stopped me getting 4x redemption returns in J to DXB during next year's Easter school holidays.
That was good going, I find 4 seats in J difficult to find.

By the way Tiger, did you ever give us Magic 44?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by yogavnture
I sure would like to get rid of my ba miles. every year I try to fly to Europe from usa and they NEVER have seats and if they do their is a ten hour lay over, or u have to transfer airports. last year finally ba found me a seat (yes u have to call an operator because their web site is useless).. and for a one way trip to Italy from usa. they wanted 400 dollars in tax for the London airport. now I know why the usa separated from england in 1776. what a joke ba is. I have been collecting miles from them for over 12 years and have yet to get any decent flight option from them. thier website is useless. if I want a Europe flight on united. it takes 3 minutes of searching on their site for success.
this cannot have been written by a man.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by love_flying_hate_strikes
this cannot have been written by a man.
Neither could this have been written by a man!
Old Nov 28, 2015, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by mikekelley
pourquoi?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mikekelley
Mr Cholmondley-Warrner?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by kanderson1965
Mr Cholmondley-Warrner?
who? before my time maybe.

In any event - it's the kind of non-stop stream of self-centred consciousness which, in my experience, can be attributed to teenagers and a certain variety of female. I'm sure you'd find both men and women to attest to this. Those who aren't middle aged PC-gotcha bores anyway

That and the yoga-related handle was the cherry on top.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 3:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Deleted
Old Nov 28, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
aside from the fact that my dog could have written a more cogent post, why on earth has the OP been collecting BA miles for so long if he hates the airline (and its 'cohorts') so much?

Anyway, I learned something new. The American revolution was nothing to do with Tea or Taxes, but the lack of availability of airmiles. Bloody BA.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by muscat
they wanted 400 dollars in tax for the London airport. now I know why the usa separated from england in 1776.

I always thought the Boston Tea Party was about the tax on tea; seems they were actually complaining about airport taxes.
I'm happy to pay $400 to not have to subject myself to the TSA. Bargain in my eyes.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by muscat
they wanted 400 dollars in tax for the London airport.
The same applies for other routes, like BOS/DUB. After much searching for availability, I found that it would cost my wife and I $1100 in fees and 120,000 Avios points to fly to Dublin and back!!

(I know that Aer Lingus is the best way use of BA miles but I was curious)
Old Nov 29, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
Originally Posted by Worcester
That was good going, I find 4 seats in J difficult to find.

By the way Tiger, did you ever give us Magic 44?
Was a combination of luck and the excellent baredemptionfinder.com

Naturally, it would have been an dishonourable act not to keep our side of the bargain when your Bondo-san kept yours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.