AA at SEA - no lounge if BAEC.

Old Jul 29, 2018, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Alaska do take Priority Pass, but yes this is one of life's annoyances. There is access if connecting internationally in business or above (and that means outwith North America and associated islands).
Can you advise if this is up to date, c-w-s (or anyone else)? I'm flying AA F SEA-PHL, connecting same day to BA J PHL-LHR. Will I have access to the Alaska Boardroom at SEA? The BA lounge won't be open then.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Can you advise if this is up to date, c-w-s (or anyone else)? I'm flying AA F SEA-PHL, connecting same day to BA J PHL-LHR. Will I have access to the Alaska Boardroom at SEA? The BA lounge won't be open then.
No, not when flying AA. If you are flying AS F you would have access. See also these more recent threads:
Seattle Lounges
Access to Alaska Lounge at SEA, booked with a BA flight number
In addition, the AS lounges at SEA are leaving PriorityPass:
Access to Alaska Lounge at SEA, booked with a BA flight number
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver
My two most recent experiences with Alaska Lounge in SEA yielded different outcomes: - BAEC membership. No AA membership

(i) Nov 2017 - SEA-JFK (AA First) connecting to JFK-LGW (BA Club World) - Access Granted to Alaska Lounge
I asked the AA staff at the check in counter whether we (my wife and I) were entitled to any lounge, he directed us to Alaska Boardroom where we were granted access with no hassles whatsoever. The lady at the entrance of the lounge verified our three boarding passes (SEA-JFK; JFK-LON; LON-MRU) and welcomed us in with a large smile.

(ii) June 2018 - SEA-Dallas (AA First) purely domestic- We were BAEC Silver then. Had 6 hrs layover to kill and entered Alaska Boardroom only to be denied access and told we needed to have AA membership to get entry.

So to recap: if flying AA (First) followed by International OneWorld flight in Business, then I presume it has to be a YES.

If AA only (First), irrespective of OneWorld Status, NO ACCESS.
Ldnn1 likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:39 am

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
that means outwith North America and associated islands
Does this include the UK?
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:42 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Mixbury
Does this include the UK?
I would say the UK is far enough over to allow access, at least for the time being.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by lall
My two most recent experiences with Alaska Lounge in SEA yielded different outcomes: - BAEC membership. No AA membership

(i) Nov 2017 - SEA-JFK (AA First) connecting to JFK-LGW (BA Club World) - Access Granted to Alaska Lounge
I asked the AA staff at the check in counter whether we (my wife and I) were entitled to any lounge, he directed us to Alaska Boardroom where we were granted access with no hassles whatsoever. The lady at the entrance of the lounge verified our three boarding passes (SEA-JFK; JFK-LON; LON-MRU) and welcomed us in with a large smile.

(ii) June 2018 - SEA-Dallas (AA First) purely domestic- We were BAEC Silver then. Had 6 hrs layover to kill and entered Alaska Boardroom only to be denied access and told we needed to have AA membership to get entry.

So to recap: if flying AA (First) followed by International OneWorld flight in Business, then I presume it has to be a YES.

If AA only (First), irrespective of OneWorld Status, NO ACCESS.
So, just tried both the C and D Alaska lounges at SEA and twice rejected. Explained that I was connecting to BA international but still no dice.

Didnt matter much as TSA had kept me waiting for so long it was time to board anyway, but wouldve liked to have checked out the new C lounge.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 9:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
So, just tried both the C and D Alaska lounges at SEA and twice rejected.
Did you try once then come back a second tome
with some glasses and a false moustache?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.