FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   No Fast Track in Dublin? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1725871-no-fast-track-dublin.html)

dilpat84 Nov 20, 2015 4:32 am

No Fast Track in Dublin?

I'm flying to Dublin tonight before a flight to San Francisco via Heathrow tomorrow.

My outward LHR > DUB boarding pass shows 'Fast Track' above the QR Code, but my DUB > LHR doesn't boarding pass doesn't, despite being Silver on a Business UK ticket, connecting onwards to a F ticket.

Is it simply that Dublin doesn't offer Fast Track, or is something wrong/I've missed something?

Thanks in advance!

noniron Nov 20, 2015 4:37 am

There is Fast Track security in Dublin, just to the right of the main security gates.

DaveNCL Nov 20, 2015 4:45 am

I am not sure fast track ever appears on non ex-LHR boarding passes.

Looking at my last few wallet boarding passes there is no 'fast track'.

dilpat84 Nov 20, 2015 4:48 am

I just found it odd that one boarding pass (the ex-LHR one) shows it and the other doesn't. Would hate to attempt to use the Fast Track lane only to be turned away is all.

aidanc Nov 20, 2015 4:50 am

There is fast track - for Club Europe Passengers, as well as Gold and Silver cardholders.

You do need to present the physical card to the person checking boarding cards. They have a pile of sheets of valid cards.

In Terminal 1 (where BA fly from), it's to the right of the main entrance to security. In Terminal 2 (where EI depart), it's to the left of the main security entrance.

Jamier45 Nov 20, 2015 4:53 am

You will get fast track. I've only ever seen fast track on exLHR tickets.

corporate-wage-slave Nov 20, 2015 5:01 am

Originally Posted by dilpat84 (Post 25744656)
I just found it odd that one boarding pass (the ex-LHR one) shows it and the other doesn't. Would hate to attempt to use the Fast Track lane only to be turned away is all.

Been like this since the dawn of time. I think GLA sometimes shows up, and the iPhone App shows a few others (but not the Android version for some reason), but it is essentially LGW and LHR only otherwise. You should not confuse the boarding pass wording with the actual entitlement of BAEC members on the ground - details of which can be found in the appropriate thread in the Forum Dashboard for most airports (and I've got a few I'll update right now!). And Dublin is absolutely no issue, it's to the right of main security.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800...913/2GFJeG.jpg

That's the BA check-in desks on the left of the picture.

jcm9000 Nov 20, 2015 5:05 am

....and for ba flights when people say to the right, they mean turn right before the last bank of check in desks just before the big bins/table for sorting your liquids etc. I managed to completely miss it the first couple of times thinking it would be a line at the main security entrance. Nope.

paul4040 Nov 20, 2015 5:08 am

Originally Posted by dilpat84 (Post 25744617)

My outward LHR > DUB boarding pass shows 'Fast Track' above the QR Code, but my DUB > LHR doesn't boarding pass doesn't, despite being Silver on a Business UK ticket, connecting onwards to a F ticket.

There's no Business UK product to Dublin, because Dublin hasn't been in the UK for quite a while. ;)

You'll be in Club Europe. Most outstations don't have "fast track" printed on the mobile BP.

timbo_baggins Nov 20, 2015 5:13 am

As a aside to this, as a GCH, what would I need for Fast Track at OSL? BA aren't on the list there.

Thanks.

dilpat84 Nov 20, 2015 5:33 am

There's no Business UK product to Dublin, because Dublin hasn't been in the UK for quite a while.
Ha. Oops! :p

Thanks all, much appreciated!

NWIFlyer Nov 20, 2015 5:59 am

Originally Posted by aidanc (Post 25744662)
In Terminal 1 (where BA fly from), it's to the right of the main entrance to security. In Terminal 2 (where EI depart), it's to the left of the main security entrance.

Last time I flew with EI from T2, in October, a BA Gold card did not afford me priority security - only EI Gold Circle cut it. I was on an AC codeshare, but that certainly wasn't the issue - I didn't even tell the guy at the checkpoint that, just that I was on an EI flight, and my boarding pass showed the prime flight number and my BAEC card number (just so I could cherish those 300 avios).

BA from T1 - certainly absolutely no problem at all.

FlyingScientist Nov 20, 2015 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Jamier45 (Post 25744671)
You will get fast track. I've only ever seen fast track on exLHR tickets.

I have it on a boarding pass for departure from AMS.

Cymro Nov 20, 2015 6:03 am

Originally Posted by timbo_baggins (Post 25744730)
As a aside to this, as a GCH, what would I need for Fast Track at OSL? BA aren't on the list there.

Thanks.

A queue I'm afraid, even in Club Europe - at least that was the case last time I flew from OSL in CE.

BHDATC Nov 20, 2015 6:09 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 25744693)
Been like this since the dawn of time. I think GLA sometimes shows up, and the iPhone App shows a few others (but not the Android version for some reason), but it is essentially LGW and LHR only otherwise. You should not confuse the boarding pass wording with the actual entitlement of BAEC members on the ground - details of which can be found in the appropriate thread in the Forum Dashboard for most airports (and I've got a few I'll update right now!). And Dublin is absolutely no issue, it's to the right of main security.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800...913/2GFJeG.jpg

That's the BA check-in desks on the left of the picture.

Was. BA desks aren't near the fast track anymore.

OP - it's all good. I use DUB weekly and fast track is always available for BA customers in CE and card holders.