Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Fast Track in Dublin?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2015, 1:40 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

We get the pleasure of Fast Track on Glasgow boarding passes on iPhone. I've also had them ex FCO, MAD and CPH.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: VS Silver, EK Gold, BA GGL/CCR
For the benefit of anyone picking up this thread through the search function, the BA check in area has now returned to area 4 beside the fast track entrance.

The minor repairs being carried out on Area 3/4 are now complete and normal order is restored!
Old Dec 3, 2015, 4:24 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
One other quick query on DUB - I use it a lot for ex-EU runs, but on my return leg generally take a morning flight out of LCY and do a B2B with my run taking me via the Flight Connections route in the baggage hall. I think I noted in another thread that this facility closes around 1pm or so. With my first evening LCY B2B coming up to start an ex-EU - just wanted to confirm that is the case so I know to go out into the arrivals hall and up to Fast Track rather than waste time going to a closed Transfer entrance.

Pilot37
Old Dec 3, 2015, 4:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Also to note.

Me and rapidex went through fast track at OSL yesterday travelling in ET with BA.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 5:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Pilot37
One other quick query on DUB - I use it a lot for ex-EU runs, but on my return leg generally take a morning flight out of LCY and do a B2B with my run taking me via the Flight Connections route in the baggage hall. I think I noted in another thread that this facility closes around 1pm or so. With my first evening LCY B2B coming up to start an ex-EU - just wanted to confirm that is the case so I know to go out into the arrivals hall and up to Fast Track rather than waste time going to a closed Transfer entrance.

Pilot37
Yes it is still the case, with the annoyance that if the DUB T1 Flight Connections is closed, the "closed" sign is right at the end of the walk. I wouldn't use that route if you have Fast Track at any time of the day, if you look at a map of the terminal it would be as quick or quicker to go upstairs to Departures. If you don't have Fast Track then the argument is more finely balanced.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 6:08 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes it is still the case, with the annoyance that if the DUB T1 Flight Connections is closed, the "closed" sign is right at the end of the walk. I wouldn't use that route if you have Fast Track at any time of the day, if you look at a map of the terminal it would be as quick or quicker to go upstairs to Departures. If you don't have Fast Track then the argument is more finely balanced.
Many thanks C-W-S
Old Dec 3, 2015, 6:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Ivory (no more AF), Accor Plat, VS Silver, HH Gold
FastTrack all fine in DUB T1 this morning. Will get to use it 3 times over the next 2 weeks so it better stay that way!
Old Jan 8, 2020, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Centurion
Bumping this thread with a question.

Was in Dublin T1 recently, travelling on a BA flight to London in economy. I am BA Gold, my wife is Silver, and our two kids are Blue. I was directed by the BA Check in agent to use the fast track security. When I got there, the guy mumbled a bit that being BA Gold doesn't allow me to bring 3 guests. I hadn't considered that my wife would be able to use her BA silver as mentioned earlier in this thread. Anyway, he still let us through but he wasn't best pleased about it.

What's the rule on guests (all on the same booking)? Not really a big deal but if it was just a mistake in sending me there then I would avoid it in future.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:46 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
In the last year or so DUB Fast Track has become pretty strict on enforcing guesting rules for FF status holders. Eg for Aer Lingus status customers it is +1 for Gold equivalent (Concierge) and no more.

This is mitigated somewhat by the fact that Fast Track passes can be booked in advance for as little as €6 depending on departure time and purchased for €10 from machines near the Fast Track entrance on day of departure.
the_outcast likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by the_outcast
Bumping this thread with a question.

Was in Dublin T1 recently, travelling on a BA flight to London in economy. I am BA Gold, my wife is Silver, and our two kids are Blue. I was directed by the BA Check in agent to use the fast track security. When I got there, the guy mumbled a bit that being BA Gold doesn't allow me to bring 3 guests. I hadn't considered that my wife would be able to use her BA silver as mentioned earlier in this thread. Anyway, he still let us through but he wasn't best pleased about it.

What's the rule on guests (all on the same booking)? Not really a big deal but if it was just a mistake in sending me there then I would avoid it in future.
Well Silver is allowed fasttrack in DUB for sure, so only guesting your kids. Not sure about guesting privileges however, I know I've brought my OH through with no issue once or twice but could have been just lucky. As Dambus pointed out they have gotten more strict in enforcing it.
the_outcast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.