Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by David_Doyle
Thanks for the reply. So from the above I get:

August 2016: Two Jokers
November 2016: Two Jokers
November 2018: Two Jokers

Why don't I get two jokers in November 2017? Means I have to wait another year, and may not qualify for GGL in my Nov 17-Nov 18 year.

Should I ignore the messages in the Exec Club page, as they relate to the 'next' membership year?
Woops! Typo. Meant 2017 Of course, you'll also receive two in 2018, assuming you re-qualify.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
I know where you're coming from, and the approach described in your email from the GGL line applies in relation to the award of partner cards, certainly. However, I was pretty certain that BA were more generous with awarding jokers to new GGL members, and then again when their first full year of GGL began, meaning that you could potentially get 4 jokers in close proximity. My membership year reset in February, and I've already used 3 jokers since I first qualified for GGL just over a year ago - so if things have changed then they've changed recently.
Ok datapoint from my call just now with GGL line......

As I thought and had been confirmed earlier, my 2 Jokers for my 'year and a bit' first membership year August 2016-November 2017 have both been used. I did not receive new Jokers in November 2016. From tomorrow I have 2 new Jokers.

That's as I expected, but was worth a call on the off-chance it wasn't!
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:19 pm

No, you should definitely have received two in August 2016, which, if unused, would expire in November 2016. Used or not, they should have been replaced by two new jokers in November 2016 and again this month, November 2017.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold

As I thought and had been confirmed earlier, my 2 Jokers for my 'year and a bit' first membership year August 2016-November 2017 have both been used. I did not receive new Jokers in November 2016. From tomorrow I have 2 new Jokers.

Well, given that you've received this explanation twice, it sounds like the rules have changed and the earning of jokers now follows the same pattern as the partner cards. Will be interested to see if others have experienced this too. It's a shame for newbies to GGL if this is the case.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:17 am

I agree, that would make sense, but I do know of somebody who qualified this year, renewed last month and was given two additional jokers on 9 October.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:54 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, BA GGL
I recently qualified and rang the GGL line on Friday to use a Joker for February and the agent advised me to use the other one before December 7th as I would lose it otherwise as I would be awarded 2 new ones when my year reset...
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:14 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bermudasun
I recently qualified and rang the GGL line on Friday to use a Joker for February and the agent advised me to use the other one before December 7th as I would lose it otherwise as I would be awarded 2 new ones when my year reset...
Same here. Qualified for GGL last week and rang GGL line to make my first Joker redemption on Monday. On the call I asked the extremely helpful lady if she could confirm that these two GGL redemptions would indeed expire in January and 2 more would be awarded. She put me on hold for a bit and then confirmed with the exact dates when these initial jokers would expire (9th of Jan 2018 for me) and at that point I would be given 2 fresh ones.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:30 am

I qualified for GGL a few months back (April I think) and had another two fresh ones granted on my August membership renewal date as well.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life

Did you use the first 2 jokers before 8 November 2016 because that is when they would have expired?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Rubecula
Did you use the first 2 jokers before 8 November 2016 because that is when they would have expired?
Yes I did, as I had bookings I wanted to make.

Its interesting that the Executive Club pages show "Gold Guest List Redemption" earned when you pass the 3000 TP threshold, yet they're not available until you cross the membership year... that's out of step with the other benefits such as GUF2 and GUF1 which are triggered but available to use immediately.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
The length of this thread and regular posts, even from GGL regulars like myself, does suggest the arrangements are not straightforward.

The separate GGL information thread is very useful.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:38 pm

Bit late now, but I can confirm that I also qualified for GGL for the first time a few days ago, with my year end being 8 November. I got two jokers immediately, burned them just before the year ticked over and have received two new ones today (or so the lovely GGL people told me). So again, it seems the system has not changed and David_Doyle has been given dud information.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
Originally Posted by Nuster
I can see one response to this from GCUK who thought you cannot gift a gold card to a GCH. I would like to do this so that the recipient does not have to do the 4 BA metal flights (I know it is not only BA metal). Any insights please?
Bumping this. Can you gift a GC to a GCH?

Also, her indoors will likely qualify for GGL by taking a QR flight 2 days before her year end.As we all know the QR flight will not post until after the year end. I assume that the GGL status would happen retrospectively but does it mean the 2jokers are also forfeited?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by vindaloo
Bit late now, but I can confirm that I also qualified for GGL for the first time a few days ago, with my year end being 8 November. I got two jokers immediately, burned them just before the year ticked over and have received two new ones today (or so the lovely GGL people told me). So again, it seems the system has not changed and David_Doyle has been given dud information.
I can also confirm that. As a newly qualified GGL on Sept 2017, used 2 jokers immediately. I got 2 fresh ones couple days ago confirmed by phone to GGL line, my new membership year start Nov 9.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:57 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
Originally Posted by Nuster
Bumping this. Can you gift a GC to a GCH?

Also, her indoors will likely qualify for GGL by taking a QR flight 2 days before her year end.As we all know the QR flight will not post until after the year end. I assume that the GGL status would happen retrospectively but does it mean the 2jokers are also forfeited?
I wonder if the mods would be ok if I split these questions into their own thread?I suspect GGL timing threads get little footfall

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.