Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TXL lounges

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2016, 5:10 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
This same to vary by airport

At TXL One world sapphire on an AB ticket should not get access into the Exclusive Waiting area in terminal C. If the door opens and you walk through it I am not sure what happens....
I got in on Tuesday, but I have Emerald status now. Previously I could always get in at VIE on a AB/HG ticket with Sapphire status.

It's all a little confusing, but always best to try your luck.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I think you might have missed my insult headingwest?
Old Feb 18, 2016, 5:41 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I think you might have missed my insult headingwest?
No, I didn't! You'll get your comeuppance one day, don't worry.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I thought you would rise to it, you seem to rise to everything and anything.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:28 am

I love this lounge but really, really, time is up.

Two working power sockets in a lounge this size is a poor show.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
There’s way more than 2 working sockets - or at least there were the other week! Some by the windows are difficult to locate; there’s usually a felt tipped-penned arrow indicating where the sockets can be found.

Doc Copper
RockyRobin likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by flyer200

Much like the rest of TXL.

If you think the BA and Terminal A facilities are bad, you should try the non-Schengen gates at Terminal C, as used by EZY. Basically a big tent with portaloos.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:28 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
I still like TXL just for speed of access but I agree the BA lounge needs to be put out to pasture and that before the enhanced the meager food offering.

Given that it's busy most of the day they could have it catered to the same standards as LH which is a light year in front.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by flyer200

Look under the grill along the windows. @:-)
CloudGazer likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:53 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
I still like TXL just for speed of access but I agree the BA lounge needs to be put out to pasture and that before the enhanced the meager food offering.
With the planned opening of BER in October 2020, nobody's gonna invest in lounges at TXL. I mean, they might move the opening date of BER once again, but I think the general perception is this time around, it's truly headed for completion in 2-3 years time.

Given that it's busy most of the day they could have it catered to the same standards as LH which is a light year in front.
LH's catering in TXL used to be better. Not too long ago, they enhanced most of the salad bar etc.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 11:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
October 2020? Not a chance!🤪
Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL
TXL has recently upped its lounge offering. There's now packaged sandwiches, along with the typical six cheese spreads and crackers. Becks Gold, a German staple, is also here (and probably no other lounge anywhere, ever).

All TXL gates are queues to individual security. Think there are 16, maybe 18 gates at A terminal. B and C are about a 3min walk.

Takes a while to pass security if there's a big queue and then you're in the 'bin'. Most holding areas house two to three gates maximum.

Easy airport, soon (well, soonish) to be replaced by bigger and better Berlin major hub...
Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
I know this lounge gets a number of complaints but it's light years ahead of the broom closet it was 20 years ago. I guess my standards are pretty low which usually equals less disappointment.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 6:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JayeJ
I know this lounge gets a number of complaints but it's light years ahead of the broom closet it was 20 years ago. I guess my standards are pretty low which usually equals less disappointment.
It's not a bad lounge but being outside security - if there was no line or a short line when getting to the airport I always just went through and sat at the gate. The lounge to me wasn't worth having to waiting in the single line security they have at TXL.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 2:03 am

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
Originally Posted by BobServant

Much like the rest of TXL.

If you think the BA and Terminal A facilities are bad, you should try the non-Schengen gates at Terminal C, as used by EZY. Basically a big tent with portaloos.
The AF KLM lounge one floor up is great !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.