Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Would BA allow a date or destination change for a flight to Paris?

Old Nov 18, 2015, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM

After recent events, would BA allow a date change or preferably a destination change?
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:13 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Very unlikely. I don't see that the UK (or US) government is advising against travel, which would be the normal trigger for such a policy. But you can ask.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:39 pm
pkk

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DIA, Wyndham DIA, IHG Spire AMB
Monitor their website or call and ask. Some airlines are allowing changes, but I don't see it on the BA website.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; SPG Gold; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; IHG Plat Ambassador
I was wondering about this also and called them to ask...

Standard change protocol - fees associated with rebooking + difference between your fare + new fare as of the time of rebooking applies, depending on your fare class.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 10:50 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Obviously this is your decision, but I would urge you to reconsider. Paris is in no more danger than any other city, and the chance of being caught up in such an event is so small anyway.

But Paris is one of the World greatest cities and we should not let the illegitimates gain any sort of victory which will have done if we live in fear.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:58 pm

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13B143 Safari/601.1)

Ryanair and a number of other airlines were allowing free changes earlier this week.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:30 am

I called BA about my flight to Paris this weekend. They said they go based on government guidance and standard fare rules apply.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Worcester
Obviously this is your decision, but I would urge you to reconsider. Paris is in no more danger than any other city, and the chance of being caught up in such an event is so small anyway.

But Paris is one of the World greatest cities and we should not let the illegitimates gain any sort of victory which will have done if we live in fear.
+1 ^
Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by Kgmm77
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13B143 Safari/601.1)

Ryanair and a number of other airlines were allowing free changes earlier this week.
Yes, LH, LX and OS were allowing free changes/refunds this week also. Very pragmatic should any individual want to alter their plans.

However, I agree with the sentiments above that Paris is no more dangerous than any other world city. In fact, I'm in Paris now
Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:39 am

+2 ^
Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:24 am

Programs: Working towards being a Bronze member
There isn't a policy in place now for people flying to Paris. So any changes are all based on fare rules of the ticket purchased. There were temporary plans in place for people travelling that weekend but these are no longer in place.

"All posts are my own and not of my employer"
Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:26 am

Keep Calm and Carry On!
Old Nov 19, 2015, 1:43 am

Paris is in no more danger than any other city,
I don't think that's quite true, certainly not a couple of days ago at least when there was another set of bombs & terrorists planning a second attach.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 2:09 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Generally the risk to tourists is road traffic accidents, statistically that must remain the biggest threat, and even during Friday's outrage, relatively few tourists were caught up in it. However we cannot really make these judgements on behalf of others, it's up to each individual to make their own decision since typically emotion tends to trump logic here. (Admittedly, personally I feel that not going to Paris is surrendering to evil).

But, in the spirit of creative solutions, what you could do, relatively cheaply, is fly to Paris and then go on to somewhere else. Either flying out to another part of France or Europe, or going to the many great French cities within easy reach of CDG / ORY, such as Reims or Amiens / Orléans and the Loire. Those 2 airports have to be among the safest places to be at the moment, so passing through them isn't risky.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 2:26 am

Some people get very worked up about the very low risk (deaths per head of population) of terrorism, yet seen quite happy with the high risk of, for example, dying in a road accident (especially in the USA).

I couldn't help but laugh at a friend panicking about her trip to Paris yesterday. She's terrified of this minute risk, yet is perfectly happy with the risk of her sedentary lifestyle and incredibly unhealthy diet. It won't be the terrorists that don't see her past 50

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.