Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Pre-Christmas London Drinks : Friday 11 December 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 11, 2015, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA

Venue
Now confirmed! LondonAndy spoke with the manager of the venue we used last year, and he remembered us fondly (apparently we drank him out of champagne!), so is happy to have us again:

Tapster
3 Brewers Green
Buckingham Gate
SW1H 0RH

It is a Davy’s winebar 5-10 minutes walk from Victoria station, close to St James’s Park station, (relatively) conveniently situated for all major London airports. It isn't the easiest place to find. It is at the junction of Caxton Street and Brewers Green, with a corner entrance to the wine bar downstairs (almost next door to the Blewcoat School which is a National Trust gift shop open until 17.30 if you arrive early!). If coming from Victoria Street turn down the road with "The Albert" on the corner.

There won't be any food provided as part of the Do, but Tapster do have a bar snacks menu which you can order from if you need some nibbles.

Map

Nearest tube stations, Victoria (, , ) and St James's Park (, )

Hotels
Current sales
Hilton sale - see here on HfP for details

Attendees - updated to post #76
Confirmed - 22
Arsey00, bermondseyflyer, CaroFos, chalf, danielbk, Docklandsguy, dutch_122, Greg76248, haasha, jabrams72, LHR FLYER, LondonAndy, lost_in_translation, matthandy, megaloman, OldFruity, OxfordBlue, profintraining, rapidex, Mrs rapidex, Richmond_Surrey, stevieed

Possibles - 9
AAtticus, chris1979, Cymro, headinclouds, icegirl, johnaalex, Physci, themapelligroup, vgang

Print Wikipost

Pre-Christmas London Drinks : Friday 11 December 2015

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2015, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Unfortunately I won't be able to come. I'm out drinking on the 9th and the 10th and I don't think I could cope with an FT do after that!
Old Dec 6, 2015, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
Still a Definitely Maybe.

Shall arrive LHR from PRG Fri arvo and will either turn right on the Heathrow express T3-T5 for BA Avis pickup and do battle with the M25 and M3, to EGUF or left for Heathrow Express / Tube into town. Not sure yet.

But, I am keen to meet up for some FT banter, and see if I can glean a few tips to enhance next years 5 / 6 planned trips home to MEL.

OF

PS Someone mentioned champagne ... I assume therefore I will need more than a tenner...

OF

Last edited by OldFruity; Dec 6, 2015 at 11:22 am Reason: spellin
Old Dec 6, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
I should be able to get there.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA
I'll be there - glad I found this thread in time!

OB
Old Dec 7, 2015, 2:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Wiki updated. Few days to got. All are welcome and it is a shame I can't make it.

Originally Posted by OldFruity
Still a Definitely Maybe.

Shall arrive LHR from PRG Fri arvo and will either turn right on the Heathrow express T3-T5 for BA Avis pickup and do battle with the M25 and M3, to EGUF or left for Heathrow Express / Tube into town. Not sure yet.

But, I am keen to meet up for some FT banter, and see if I can glean a few tips to enhance next years 5 / 6 planned trips home to MEL.

OF

PS Someone mentioned champagne ... I assume therefore I will need more than a tenner...

OF
Originally Posted by bermondseyflyer
I should be able to get there.
Originally Posted by OxfordBlue
I'll be there - glad I found this thread in time!

OB
Excellent, hope you can all make it on Friday.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 2:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I might pop in for a bit, it's just around the corner from work.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 4:16 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by OldFruity
I couldn't make the one last year, but I understand that the drank the bar dry of champagne ! The manager has advised me that he will be stocking up this time .

There are, however, wines to suit a range of budgets - maybe not economy, but certainly WT+ upwards

I'll try and stick a sign at the top of the stairs, but WHEN YOU GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THE STAIRS, WITH THE BAR IN FRONT OF YOU, WE'LL BE IN THE AREA ON THE RIGHT!

To give an idea of how big an area we'll need it will be handy if people could firm up their plans over the next few days.....
Old Dec 9, 2015, 8:30 am

Programs: UA/*A:S,UC DL/ST:S Hyatt:Plat, GE
Hiya! I saw the event post in the last TalkMail, and thought I might try and pop by late - can I assume you'll be around well after 21h? Hope to (finally) meet some FTers in person!

(Although I'm currently with the dreaded *A - perhaps you can convince me to change teams! :P)
Old Dec 9, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by profintraining
Hiya! I saw the event post in the last TalkMail, and thought I might try and pop by late - can I assume you'll be around well after 21h? Hope to (finally) meet some FTers in person!

(Although I'm currently with the dreaded *A - perhaps you can convince me to change teams! :P)
They are a very friendly bunch - I had my first DO in Edinburgh in May and glad I went.
As far as changing teams is concerned, I'm few one or two might be able to persuade you!
Old Dec 9, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: BA GGL
Apologies, I am now a definite "no". Shame, as I missed the EDI one.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Please add me as a possible attendee.

Thanks
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Two days to go. Wiki updated. All welcome so if you are in London on Friday night please feel free tome along.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Just noticed this. Might make it.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 3:17 pm

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
I'll be there.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
Now a 'Definitely' around 8 ish subject to Great Western service EGUF into Waterloo!

OF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.