Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Baggage Allowance - BA Codeshare, EI Flight

Old Nov 10, 2015, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver

As of 11th November this year, it's possible to book standalone EI flights on the BA website. I've just done this for a positioning flight to DUB at Christmas.

When I booked, BA listed the EI fares as having a 'checked baggage allowance'. However, nowhere does it actually say what that allowance is, just that I have one bag, but for flights on different airlines, 'different baggage restrictions and charges may apply'. It then points me to the Aer Lingus home page.

Obviously, EI have 15kg, 20kg, and 25kg limits. Any idea what I have?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 2:48 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Skatering

Obviously, EI have 15kg, 20kg, and 25kg limits. Any idea what I have?
I think these are the different charging bands that they apply to their HBO equivalent within Europe.

I am not an expert in this, but I think EI has a 20 kgs limit for checked bags on their non HBO fares (Low Economy), so I suspect that is what you will get from EI on a BA codeshare - the BA codeshares are priced way above the Low Economy structure. Then if you want 25 kgs you would pay 10€ supplement.

It's certainly a weak spot with many if not all codeshares - you get what the carrier offers rather than what the selling airline markets.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.