Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Booking Emirates flights under Qantas number to get BAEC points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2015, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa Senator Gold, Flying Blue Gold , Hilton HHonours Gold, BA Club Silver, Club Carlson Gold

I am looking at a trip from Glasgow to Dubai, from nov 15th to 20th, and want to collect BAEC points if at all possible.

Looking at the forum, it looks like this is possible if I book using the Qantas code, given their partnership with Emirates.

Unfortunately when I go onto the Qantas site, the only flights I am offered are via London with BA and Qantas, and not the direct service with Emirates, which is definitely available because I can see it on the Emirates site.

Any suggestions? I would hate to miss out on the points!

Thanks.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
I just tried and got direct Glasgow flights to Dubai with EK (Qantas Codeshare QF8026 and 8028) and back (8025 and 8027)

But that works if you are going on to Australia.

If you are just doing GLA - DBX Qantas may not have the rights to sell direct tickets or code share between those two destination.

You'll still get the points going via London, but not the direct flight.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by blairk2
I am looking at a trip from Glasgow to Dubai, from nov 15th to 20th, and want to collect BAEC points if at all possible.

Looking at the forum, it looks like this is possible if I book using the Qantas code, given their partnership with Emirates.

Unfortunately when I go onto the Qantas site, the only flights I am offered are via London with BA and Qantas, and not the direct service with Emirates, which is definitely available because I can see it on the Emirates site.

Any suggestions? I would hate to miss out on the points!

Thanks.
Are you sure that you can book the QF codeshare if only traveling between EUR and DXB? I thought the QF codeshares were available when traveling between EUR and AU/NZ/SE Asia.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Are you sure that you can book the QF codeshare if only traveling between EUR and DXB? I thought the QF codeshares were available when traveling between EUR and AU/NZ/SE Asia.
It shows up on my ITA by Google app as QF operated by EK. It's normally pretty accurate.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by To Eat.To Drink
It shows up on my ITA by Google app as QF operated by EK. It's normally pretty accurate.
I know there is a QF codeshare GLA-DXB, but can you book the QF codeshare only to DXB? I sort of remember a similar discussion in the last few months.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 4:36 pm

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I know there is a QF codeshare GLA-DXB, but can you book the QF codeshare only to DXB? I sort of remember a similar discussion in the last few months.
It is possible to book QF from LHR-DXB (just tried a dummy booking) so it seems it is possible to book QF without having to go all the way through to Oz. May need to be two bookings to get down from GLA?
Old Nov 8, 2015, 5:12 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Has anyone had success at being awarded TPs for a QF codeshare operated by EK?
Old Nov 8, 2015, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by surryson
Yes. This is allowed.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...k-flights.html
Old Nov 8, 2015, 5:18 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by surryson
Yes, it's the exception to the "no tier points when you're not on oneworld metal rule".
Old Nov 8, 2015, 5:22 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Bit of info here:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/11...roof-it-works/
Old Nov 8, 2015, 5:34 pm

Programs: Complete Pleb, former BAEC Gold, former MH Silver
I believe the QF/EK deal is slightly lop sided in that QF opened all their domestic routes as EK code shares, but EK only opened their international connections for Australian departing flights as QF code shares.

So you can book BHX/MAN/GLA -> DXB -> SYD via QF on EK, but you can't book BHX/ MAN/GLA -> DXB or (as an example) BHX/MAN/GLA -> DBX -> DPS via QF on EK.

The only exception to this seem to be LHR -> DXB which you can book via QF on EK.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
You can book any of the QF codeshares...but they're priced in a manner that ensures you would book them via EK instead.

Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:41 am

There are QF codes on all EK flights from the UK to Dubai, and they're all bookable without an onward connection.

They are capacity controlled though; once QF's allocation in the discounted buckets is gone, it can go all the way up to, eg, YY.

Sometimes, however, QF doesn't show some of its own codeshares. I find Netflights is a good place to look in the first instance instead. After that, ebookers, but of course Kayak can be your more generic shortcut.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 9:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by andset1191
Yes, it's the exception to the "no tier points when you're not on oneworld metal rule".
Presumably not coincidentally, is an exception on AAdvantage as well-- -any- QF #'d flight earns AAdv credit as if a QF prime flight, doesn't need to be operated by a OW carrier nor listed affiliate.

For AAdv, JL is a similar exception (any codeshare operator counts.) I -think- AY as well, haven't checked on that one in a long time.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Sorry to thread hijack, but if I booked a QF ticket from SYD-AKL which was operated by EK but on a QF code I assume I would not get access to the Qantas Lounge?

I'm BA Silver FWIW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.