FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA worker 'suspended for taking backhanders from celebs' (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1722971-ba-worker-suspended-taking-backhanders-celebs.html)

J-Class Nov 8, 2015 11:06 am

BA worker 'suspended for taking backhanders from celebs'

Daily Mail story here.

Mr Underwood is of course innocent until proven guilty.

HIDDY Nov 8, 2015 11:21 am

Someone with an easily turned head by the sounds of it.

Of more concern is how the Daily Mail gets these stories.

muscat Nov 8, 2015 11:23 am

Good to see that being a gold card holder classes you as being "rich and famous".

London Dude Nov 8, 2015 11:28 am

Perhaps the passengers were Premier card holders, one of whose perks is to have flights held for them...

smokie36 Nov 8, 2015 11:30 am

GCH's are suspiciously absent from this thread.......

Hehehe

AA_EXP09 Nov 8, 2015 11:46 am

Originally Posted by muscat (Post 25681574)
Good to see that being a gold card holder classes you as being "rich and famous".

I've misconnected at LHR as an AA EXP, so it's not a OW perk...

J-Class Nov 8, 2015 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 25681568)
Of more concern is how the Daily Mail gets these stories.

In this case, they read it in The Sun and found it such good clickbait, they just had to republish it.

smokie36 Nov 8, 2015 12:13 pm

Is Max Mosley involved?

Tobias-UK Nov 8, 2015 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by muscat (Post 25681574)

It's more likely to gave been a GGL. I know Matt and will be very surprised if these allegations are true.

J-Class Nov 8, 2015 1:05 pm

Original Sun story here.

Doesn't look good.

jcm9000 Nov 8, 2015 2:10 pm

Wouldn't mind backhanding a few of these so called celebs...

SW7London Nov 8, 2015 2:22 pm

"The walkway had been removed but Mr Underwood ordered it be returned to the side of the jet"

Can this even be done by anybody except the Captain of the flight? I thought the Captain agreed to close the doors once he was informed everything is ready.

I doubt any Captain would allow the doors to opened again just because some passenger is late, unless ordered to do so by somebody suitably senior, and I doubt that would include Special Services.

crazy8534 Nov 8, 2015 2:24 pm

There is even more than the usual amount of hearsay and circumstantial evidence in this particular Sun article. Suggestion of impropriety on the basis of the zoopla value of somebody's home or the cars in the drive is pretty low.

jose2000 Nov 8, 2015 2:44 pm

Two sides to every story.

Filthy Monkey Nov 8, 2015 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by drb1979 (Post 25682275)
"The walkway had been removed but Mr Underwood ordered it be returned to the side of the jet"

Can this even be done by anybody except the Captain of the flight? I thought the Captain agreed to close the doors once he was informed everything is ready.

I doubt any Captain would allow the doors to opened again just because some passenger is late, unless ordered to do so by somebody suitably senior, and I doubt that would include Special Services.

I've had it done for me before and I'm by no means rich or famous. All really comes down to how lucky you get with the staff on duty.