Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde Watch

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2015, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
There's another one apparently

Ebay link

Last edited by Jimmie76; Nov 5, 2015 at 6:12 pm
Old Nov 5, 2015, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
And another

Ebay link
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:42 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Why did BA not team up with Bremont, a British Brand with a history of partnering with iconic aircraft (U2 (spyplane not tax dodging pop group), the Wright brothers first aircraft, Spitfire, Martin Baker*, Boeing) and using parts from the aircraft in the watches.

Though they would have cost quite a bit more than £299, but worth it.

Back of the Wright Flyer, with a strand of fabric from the original Wright glider.

* For those who have not heard of Martin Baker, they make most of the aircraft ejector seats for NATO aircraft. They have a club of those who have used one of their seats to save their life. It has over 5,800 members.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by sebanto2001
Maybe they will offer it at 10 000 TP as a new benefit ^^
I read this wrong, thought you were saying offer 10,000 TP for anyone who buys it

At least it'd sell
Old Nov 6, 2015, 4:33 am

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards

Old Nov 6, 2015, 5:01 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
I'm sorry, but it's a watch. I haven't worn a watch for about 15 years now and none of these designs make me want to go back to wearing one. My phone does the job of telling time and a lot more than a watch can. I'm still not impressed by any of the wearable tech yet. The apple watch is an ugly abomination in any form. Motorola have one that I think at least looks classy, but I still wouldn't buy that watch or that horror the OP has shown us!
Old Nov 6, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by dddc
I'm sorry, but it's a watch. I haven't worn a watch for about 15 years now and none of these designs make me want to go back to wearing one. My phone does the job of telling time and a lot more than a watch can. I'm still not impressed by any of the wearable tech yet. The apple watch is an ugly abomination in any form. Motorola have one that I think at least looks classy, but I still wouldn't buy that watch or that horror the OP has shown us!

The purpose of these watches is to signal your social status in one easy to recognise signal. The fact that you are willing to pay such a high margin for these watches (and believe me you can get huge discounts off them) suggests to me that your money would have been better spent with a therapist, but hey ho each to their own.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
My watches clearly signal my social status, as I tend to buy them from Walmart for $11.97 and throw them away when I'm bored with them. They are also light, unattractive to muggers, and yet for a few years tell exactly the same time as the £20,000 Rolex.

And why would I want a watch with "Concorde" splashed all over it? And hands that are hard to read, as noted above.

But, hey, we're all different. And are usually capable of giggling at each other's personal choices
Old Nov 6, 2015, 2:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Only a Concorde geek would ever buy it at that price....awful looking.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Lowly Blue
The original Concorde watch that many Concorde crew wore, and still wear!

Old Nov 6, 2015, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
And probably runs fast too
Old Nov 7, 2015, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

And one for the Ladies.

Breitling Lady Cockpit Concorde Ltd Edition 1 of only 10 Made

Shop Link
Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:20 pm

I purchased one of these watches the 1973

I purchased want to 1973 was quite a bit of money I was inauguration the plane and I thought I would give it to my mother because she really loved out in one of their family members was a one of the designers anyway of it didn't seem not good then I can't remember that much but apparently it hasn't improved have to do with the plane breaking the sound barrier

Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Just had an email from BA about the new Concorde Watch and I wasn’t that impressed. My tablet may be showing it badly but the numerals look badly defined and to me it looks like a cheap Chinese copy of a better original. I'll try and put a picture up.

Last edited by Prospero; Aug 1, 2017 at 10:52 pm Reason: Repair quotation frame
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by HIDDY
For once I agree with HIDDY.
I don't get this fascination with huge shiny watches. My cheap quartz watch does fine and survives much more challenging conditions than these monstrosities can manage.^
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:50 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by simonrp84
For once I agree with HIDDY.
I don't get this fascination with huge shiny watches. My cheap quartz watch does fine and survives much more challenging conditions than these monstrosities can manage.^
My World Traveller seat does just fine. I don't understand this fascination with Club World and First cabins. @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.