Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Charity Auction @ The 2015 London DO - Friday 30th October

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2015, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LondonAndy
Auction Results

A Just Giving page will be set up by chris1979 and details will be sent to the winning bidders - if you can pay promptly it would be greatly appreciated. Chris1979 will give the final totals, but over £1,500 raised in the auction, and well over £2,250 when raffle tickets are included.

1. a British Airways gym bag / hand luggage bag / man bag / handbag (pic in post 2) - kindly donated by chris1979. Starting at £20. Won by BoeBus - £60.

2. a new set of PJs then just let me know the size- should be able to get 2 sets plus 2 more wash bags- his or hers - but not yet in hand. - kindly donated by Barnaby100. Starting at £40 - won by Iryna - £40. Can you please let Chris1979 have your contact details, and Barnaby100 know what size/gender you would like?

3. A very rare, Crew Baseball Cap from the movie Spectre, signed by 007 himself together with 7 or separate), a bottle of Spectre 2009 Bollinger - kindly donated by gav0106. Starting at £100 Won by EsherFlyer - £260.

4. A BAEC Silver Card - kindly donated by flibbly. Starting at £250. Won by an online bidder - £300.

5. a 1(F) sqn print and patch - kindly donated by jamier45. Starting at £30. Won by BLHD - £30.

6. An extremely rare (!) Virgin Atlantic onesie, numbered '452 / 1,000'. See post 38 for pictures - kindly donated by Raffles / Head for Points. Starting at £50. Won by bettertoturnleftthanright - £40.

7. A Boeing Dream Liner World Tour 787 Luggage Tag - kindly donated by PETER01. Starting at £50 - won by EI147 - £60.

8. a l'occitane travel set - guaranteed that it will have at least 15 L'occitane ladies items travel size (75ml for a shower gel for example, hand creams, lip balms , face creams etc ) 3 different new loccitane make up bags and will be in a lovely l'occitane gift box). So at least 15 items and 3 make up bags but all big travel sizes. - kindly donated by Barnaby100. Starting at £75. Won by LondonAndy - £50.

9. Propeller Travel: a full year of 0 fees (this means no service fees, not GUF fees, no ticketing fees, no limit to number of time usage) for one named person. This will include all our services including proactive flight monitoring and rebooking and 24 hour assist world wide. The value of this depends on how often you travel, you can see the list of standard fees on http://www.propellertravel.com/fees (can be in the thousands if you travel twice a week). - kindly donated by danielbk / Propeller Travel. Starting at £25. Won by bettertoturnleftthanright - £200.

10. A flight of two hours, on my Cirrus 22 aircraft or Diamond 40 Next Generation plane, piloted by myself. Both aircraft are ultra modern full glass cockpit and during the flight from (somewhere close to where we live ) to (somewhere with an airport restaurant) and back you'll be able to hand fly the plane and even write an instructional hour in your log book. kindly donated by danielbk . Starting at £250. Won by toothy - £250.

11. A BAEC Silver Card - kindly donated by BAGoldBoy. Won by KARFA - £250 (on behalf of someone who couldn't attend).

12. 2,800 Hilton Club Points- kindly donated by LondonAndy. This lot didn't achieve the reserve price. If you are interested in 2 or 3 nights in a Studio Suite between now and the end of the year in the Hilton Club New York on 6th Avenue then please PM LondonAndy. The number of points per night (PPN) depends on the room type and whether you are staying during the week or at a weekend.
Studio 800 PPN (Monday – Thursday) 1,400 PPN (Friday / Saturday)
1 Bedroom 1,000 PPN (Monday – Thursday) 1,800 PPN (Friday / Saturday)

The remaining items were raffled, including:
A BAEC Silver Card - kindly donated by Genemage

A US$50 Hyatt Gift Certificate - kindly donated by HeadforPoints / Raffles - expires 30th April, valid globally, must be staying in the hotel to use it (ie can't use it in the bar if not a guest)

Two copies of the aviation board game 'Jet Set' and its expansion 'Distant Lands' - kindly donated by sorp222

A BA F Sleeper Suit (unopened and size M), F Amenity Kit and F menu. Tracked postage to anywhere in Europe included. - kindly donated by aidanc

An unopened F amenity kit - kindly donated by visualAd

An X-box - kindly donated by LondonAndy (and gav0106 in 2013)

An AA First washbag from their transcon service (sealed) - kindly donated by agehall

A LX Business washbag in metal box (opened but never used) - kindly donated by agehall

An Austrian business (sealed) washbag - kindly donated by agehall

8 sets of Virgin salt and pepper shakers- slightly used- empty but refillable - kindly donated by Barnaby100

BA his and hers 1st class wash bags - kindly donated by Barnaby100

Many thanks to everyone who donated prizes, bought raffle tickets and bid in the auction. Also thanks to those who came and bought food and drink - 100% of the profits from this are going to the hospital trust.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2015, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard

The time is nearly upon us for the 2015 London DO this Friday: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post25621432

Two years ago, at the 2013 London DO at the same venue (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...june-sarf.html and Trip Report on the DO: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...do-2013-a.html) we had an impromptu charity auction raising around £3,000 for a charity close to the hearts of many Flyertalkers as well as the chairty of the Hospital that was and is again hosting us.

Prices ranged from various bottles (bubbly, spirits), a private piano recital provided by an FTer, a dinner party cooked by an FT chef in the winner's own home to a very special price that was shiny and gold and gave someone comfortable journeys for at least 12 months.

So, in order to help some of those less fortunate than others and to give the evening a somewhat 'meaningful' aspect, we are looking to repeat a Charity Auction on Friday.

The purpose of this thread is to invite you all (whether attending or not) to consider whether there's anything you might be able to give towards the auction.

There's 3 ways of doing so:
1. send me a PM with the details
2. post them here (we might do a wiki with a list)
3. speak to me on Friday before the auction.

Proceeds will be split between one (or both) of the official FT BAEC approved charities Dreamflight and Change for Good as well as the Hospital's chosen charity, the Evelina London Children's Hospital which will celebrate its 10th Birthday in its new home at the same time as the DO.

Any questions, please shout.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Friday - there's room for more (lurkers, other halves, friends, etc all very welcome).
Old Oct 27, 2015, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
I'll kick us off with this fetching white British Airways bag. I have kept the blue version for myself so can go for a partner-look with the winner at Friday's auction.

Unused, freshly purchased last week (anyone interested in a Trip Report on Thailand, click here (cheap plug, I know): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-amanpuri.html)
Old Oct 27, 2015, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
A Flounge menu...?
Old Oct 27, 2015, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gustavmahler
A Flounge menu...?
are you cooking?
Old Oct 27, 2015, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by chris1979
are you cooking?
What, book the cook??
Old Oct 27, 2015, 6:31 am

Programs: BA GGL (but soon to lose the GL :-(), IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Dmnd (and pleb/pleb-plus in 1001 others)
I won't be there unfortunately but I'm happy to donate a Silver card for this (assuming that BA are happy for me to give one to a total stranger as long as I don't personally make any financial gain from it).
Old Oct 27, 2015, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by flibbly
I won't be there unfortunately but I'm happy to donate a Silver card for this (assuming that BA are happy for me to give one to a total stranger as long as I don't personally make any financial gain from it).
^

That's a very thoughtful and generous gift.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
A question:

Would YOUR name be on the card? or the winner?

Would it have your BA account #?

How can it be used.
Not that I'm going to bid on it, but just wondering.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
A question:

Would YOUR name be on the card? or the winner?

Would it have your BA account #?

How can it be used.
Not that I'm going to bid on it, but just wondering.
As flibbly is a GGL I imagine he/she means a Partner card which would have the Winners Number/name on it. Generous Gesture.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
I assume that this is a GGL silver card and if so there's been one auctioned off before for charity on here and I don't remember there being a problem. It went for quite a lot too if I remember correctly. A very generous gesture, hope yours goes for at least as much.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: BA - GL, Disgruntled ex LH HON
Propeller Travel will be happy to donate something .. if you have any ideas as honestly I can't think of anything of the top of my head, however, if I can afford it I would be delighted. Creative ideas welcome! (not TOO creative)

See you on Friday

Daniel
Old Oct 27, 2015, 8:03 am

I will donate two copies of the aviation board game 'Jet Set' and its expansion 'Distant Lands'.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 8:14 am
Original Poster

^ very generous of you - thank you very much!

Originally Posted by danielbk
Propeller Travel will be happy to donate something .. if you have any ideas as honestly I can't think of anything of the top of my head, however, if I can afford it I would be delighted. Creative ideas welcome! (not TOO creative)

See you on Friday

Daniel
great - thank you.

how about an F trip to SYD?

looking forward to seeing what creative ideas our community can come up with!

Originally Posted by sorp222
I will donate two copies of the aviation board game 'Jet Set' and its expansion 'Distant Lands'.
thank you - much appreciated! ^
Old Oct 27, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Originally Posted by danielbk
How about offering assistance in booking X (X Being a number you decide!) amount of Itineraries in the next Year?
Old Oct 27, 2015, 8:21 am

I can thoroughly recommend Propeller, by the way. At The Dorchester at Coworth Park we got a double room upgrade, breakfast, £100 hotel credit, some kind of Diamond Club welcome gift, and wifi for £315. Cheapest available room on the Dorchester website for that night was £275. We celebrated an anniversary there last weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.