Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Another one joins the rank of GGL/CCR .. with a whole of 4 BA flights

Old Oct 25, 2015, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond

My last points of my membership year have posted and I hit 5,080 points. And I only did 4 flights on BA, the minimum. Oh well.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
It actually makes me wonder if anyone has got the same TPs but not the four BA flights! 5080 TPs and no status, now that would be some sort of interesting record!!!
Old Oct 25, 2015, 7:17 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by orbitmic
It actually makes me wonder if anyone has got the same TPs but not the four BA flights! 5080 TPs and no status, now that would be some sort of interesting record!!!
That makes me wonder why those in that situation actually bother crediting their trips to BAEC
Old Oct 25, 2015, 7:25 pm

Programs: QF
I did something similar last year to get me to Qantas Platinum.

The previous year I had enough Status Credits (Qantas TP's) for Platinum but no qualifying Qantas flights.

All my flights had been on BA, but residing in Australia, I wasn't eligible for BAEC.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
That makes me wonder why those in that situation actually bother crediting their trips to BAEC
Some of those weird US credit card deals? Although one would have to not fly US domestic to not mind about losing the chance of upgrades!
Old Oct 25, 2015, 7:38 pm
ECR

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I might be wrong, but think that BAEC status would get lounge access on AA domestic flights whereas AA status wouldn't.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 7:46 pm
ECR

Originally Posted by firstclassnewbie
I did something similar last year to get me to Qantas Platinum.

The previous year I had enough Status Credits (Qantas TP's) for Platinum but no qualifying Qantas flights.

All my flights had been on BA, but residing in Australia, I wasn't eligible for BAEC.
Does Iberia Plus ban Australian residents? If not that might be an option as BA flights (as well as IB) count towards the qualifying 4 in the IB Plus scheme.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 7:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by ECR
I might be wrong, but think that BAEC status would get lounge access on AA domestic flights whereas AA status wouldn't.
Getting a zillion tier points without 4 BA flights wouldn't get you sufficient BAEC status though.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 8:00 pm
ECR

Originally Posted by zeltergiset
Getting a zillion tier points without 4 BA flights wouldn't get you sufficient BAEC status though.
Apologies - I misread, and thought it was referring to the original poster who flew a lot, but only on 4 BA flights.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 8:00 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Gshumway
My last points of my membership year have posted and I hit 5,080 points. And I only did 4 flights on BA, the minimum. Oh well.
Well let me welcome you to the ranks of GGL and the Concorde Room Gshumway. I would normally invite you to say hello the next time you see my black mug, but there doesn't seem to be much danger of that!
Old Oct 25, 2015, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Well let me welcome you to the ranks of GGL and the Concorde Room Gshumway. I would normally invite you to say hello the next time you see my black mug, but there doesn't seem to be much danger of that!
I will be coming to Germany in Spring probably, gotta use some of the vouchers Or maybe try and join one of the Do's.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 4:09 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
welcome to the Upper House and see you around!
Old Oct 26, 2015, 4:17 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by chris1979
welcome to the Upper House and see you around!
If the CCR was minutely comparable to the Upper House, we'd all be delighted!
Old Oct 26, 2015, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Some of those weird US credit card deals? Although one would have to not fly US domestic to not mind about losing the chance of upgrades!
Or never fly Y
Old Oct 26, 2015, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by ECR
Well yeah, but is lounge access all that important to miss out on other benefits?
That's what you essentially get with BA as a Gold.

I find getting upgrades much more important than lounge access.
If I can spend economy money but fly in premium cabins more often than not, I can't see how getting lounge access can balance the substantial cost savings that offers.

In case of connections, yes lounge it's better than not having access but for direct flights I can't be bothered turning hours in advance to "enjoy" the lounge. I would rather be more comfortable in the air.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.