Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Yellow Priority Tags - A Fashion Statement?

Yellow Priority Tags - A Fashion Statement?

Old Oct 24, 15, 1:24 pm

Qantas has had the priority tags sandwiched in the bag tag labels for as long as I can remember (at least since 2006), much prefer it that way TBH.
Old Oct 24, 15, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
I have assiduously avoided any outward display of status in all areas of my life - you would never catch me displaying red soles, or using a handbag decorated with a designer mark or signature.

I have always regarded priority baggage labels as .......well, baggage labels, used by the airline to handle baggage correctly, the same as transfer tags and heavy tags. (No, I don't want to hear about HBO! )

In years gone by, when the carry on baggage allowance was higher in Club & First, check in agents would place premium cabin baggage tags on hand luggage, presumably to indicate to gate staff that they were entitled to bring on the extra bags.

I would love to see a return to this scenario, the labels being an indicator that the owners of these bags should not be asked to check hand baggage on connecting flights. Tags would only be placed on hand luggage within their allowance.

Last edited by HilFly; Oct 24, 15 at 1:56 pm
Old Oct 24, 15, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
When I first went to Cambodia in about 2000, I noticed that the newly wealthy Cambodians would wear the store labels on their clothes. So now I've learned from this and leave the priority tags on my bags. Especially the yellow ones
Old Oct 24, 15, 4:25 pm

Programs: BA
All this talk of yellow tags and I thought I was going to have to put my baggage under the seat in front!!
Old Oct 25, 15, 5:49 am

Programs: BAEC
I used to know a girl who put her old checked bag tags onto her handbag with LAX on it - I did often think to ask her did she check it in then!

In terms of a fashion statement I think some people do use them as such, regarding BAEC bag tags - every morning on my train into London there seems to be a man who flaunts his Silver tag on his bag and the other week was boarding a bus in London where 3 people had them on and seemed to be in competition with each other as it ranged from Bronze to Gold - very bizarre!
Old Oct 25, 15, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
And can I just say to those who hand the crew their Executive card with the boarding card when boarding, don't you are wasting your time.
I can see your status on your boarding card so I don't need it to be flagged up so obviously, it just makes you look needy or desperate for attention.
I will recognise you as a frequent customer with a cheery hello and welcome back.
Old Oct 25, 15, 6:05 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
And can I just say to those who hand the crew their Executive card with the boarding card when boarding, don't you are wasting your time.
I can see your status on your boarding card so I don't need it to be flagged up so obviously, it just makes you look needy or desperate for attention.
I will recognise you as a frequent customer with a cheery hello and welcome back.
Ha ha, i've seen a few people do that!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: