Search

Paid for 29A got 39K

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2015, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Paid for 29A got 39K

Hi all ..
I have a hazaar and a hurrumph experience from checking in for my flight tomorrow afternoon ...

Managed to secure 1A and K for Mr CF and I .... whilst at the same time on another screen booked and paid for an exit row 29A in Economy for my daughter... most definitely a low J config as W+ starts at ROw 10/11..

However, even though my receipt says I've booked and paid for seat 29A, (didn't realise you had to pay for exit rows still at T24?) MMB seems to have now plonked her into 39A... (which I don;t think you have to pay for?)

I called BA and they said there had been an equipment change and 29A was no longer an exit row and someone else is sitting in it.. I find this very hard to believe ....

Feeling very peeved having paid the money ...

Does anyone have any suggestions how to handle this at the airport?.. nothing much of any great interest left in the cabin and I wanted her as far up front as possible given we are at the front. She definitely wants a window to lean on....

Apparently there are going to be AUPs to W+ and J available but that money is still earmarked for the elusive Canada Goose!!
Old Oct 22, 2015, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
There's a web page on the BA site where you plug in your details & a refund should drop through in 7 days.

Worked fine for me when I POUG'd from W to J and had paid for a seat allocation in W...
Old Oct 24, 2015, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by CaroFos
Hi all ..
I have a hazaar and a hurrumph experience from checking in for my flight tomorrow afternoon ...

Managed to secure 1A and K for Mr CF and I .... whilst at the same time on another screen booked and paid for an exit row 29A in Economy for my daughter... most definitely a low J config as W+ starts at ROw 10/11..

However, even though my receipt says I've booked and paid for seat 29A, (didn't realise you had to pay for exit rows still at T24?) MMB seems to have now plonked her into 39A... (which I don;t think you have to pay for?)

I called BA and they said there had been an equipment change and 29A was no longer an exit row and someone else is sitting in it.. I find this very hard to believe ....

Feeling very peeved having paid the money ...

Does anyone have any suggestions how to handle this at the airport?.. nothing much of any great interest left in the cabin and I wanted her as far up front as possible given we are at the front. She definitely wants a window to lean on....

Apparently there are going to be AUPs to W+ and J available but that money is still earmarked for the elusive Canada Goose!!
Have BA upgrade your daughter and problem solved(:
Old Oct 24, 2015, 4:47 am

Equipment changes happen. Claim your refund and move on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.