Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Pass

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2015, 2:22 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Euroflyer1881
Thanks to this forum, I got the flightpass and booked my first trip (after the OT customer support resolved the 1002 error). I am unable to change my seats - I am BAEC silver and I can select an alternative seat. But get an error when I click 'confirm new seats (equivalent)' button at the end. The error suggests that I ring BA to resolve. Is this a common error?

Also, can someone help with the 'freedom' option please? I have selected the option to book a flight upto 4 hours from departure. But, I didn't see a separate freedom option when I bought my pass. It will be a very useful option for my flying pattern with frequent changes.
Welcome to Flyertalk and the British Airways forum Euroflyer1881. This forum only survives because of the contributions here, so thank you for posting here.

The seat error is a bit odd. I'd be tempted to leave it a day or two if the flight is further off. It sounds ticketing to me, unless your Silver hasn't been taken in, or you are selecting a seat not open to Silvers. It will probably resolve by OLCI, but perhaps call in a day or two if it persists. You could also try the Royal Jordanian website if you are feeling daring!

You probably have the Freedom option, if you press Customise after the initial selection it becomes clearer. If you check classic.checkmytrip or even the More Flight Information line, you'll see if you are in the B fare bucket. Also the TPs should show the higher rate.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: BAEC gold, HHonours Gold, Alitalia Freccia Alata, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Marriott rewards silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to Flyertalk and the British Airways forum Euroflyer1881. This forum only survives because of the contributions here, so thank you for posting here.

The seat error is a bit odd. I'd be tempted to leave it a day or two if the flight is further off. It sounds ticketing to me, unless your Silver hasn't been taken in, or you are selecting a seat not open to Silvers. It will probably resolve by OLCI, but perhaps call in a day or two if it persists. You could also try the Royal Jordanian website if you are feeling daring!

You probably have the Freedom option, if you press Customise after the initial selection it becomes clearer. If you check classic.checkmytrip or even the More Flight Information line, you'll see if you are in the B fare bucket. Also the TPs should show the higher rate.
Thanks for the warm welcome and replies corporate-wage-slave. My onward flight is for tomorrow and all the nice seats are already taken up by OLCI; I am sticking with the first row behind the curtain that got selected by default. I booked the flight yesterday and my window seat preference is taken into consideration (even though I had to add my BAEC number manually). My return on Tuesday lets me select exit rows on the A321 (with extra legroom), but throws error on save. I am planning to seek help at the lounge tomorrow to see if they can sort this out. About Royal Jordanian - is it as simple as opening the booking on RJ site instead of BA.com?

When I select customise, I get the 4 HR option as the most expensive. But, the trip is booked onto the farecode LOPTOWN1 when I check on my flights. Also MMB shows 20 TPs (edit - for the trip)! Wonder this is route specific, i am booking to CPH.

Last edited by Euroflyer1881; Oct 11, 2015 at 2:40 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Oct 11, 2015, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks to this forum, I got the flightpass and booked my first trip (after the OT customer support resolved the 1002 error). I am unable to change my seats - I am BAEC silver and I can select an alternative seat. But get an error when I click 'confirm new seats (equivalent)' button at the end. The error suggests that I ring BA to resolve. Is this a common error?

Also, can someone help with the 'freedom' option please? I have selected the option to book a flight upto 4 hours from departure. But, I didn't see a separate freedom option when I bought my pass. It will be a very useful option for my flying pattern with frequent changes.
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

c-w-s reported that his BAEC number was not entered in the booking. It might pay to double check it's there? Although I suppose you wouldn't see the free seat choice form at all if it were missing.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 2:44 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
When I select customise, I get the 4 HR option as the most expensive. But, the trip is booked onto the farecode LOPTOWN1 when I check on my flights. Also MMB shows 20 TPs (edit - for the trip)! Wonder this is route specific, i am booking to CPH.
That doesn't sound right, it should be in B in my reading of their terms. Certainly worth an email to Optiontown. It's early days yet and so there seems to be a lot of glitches, your two may be part of that. But yes, the Galleries Club lounge can hopefully resolve the seating issue.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: BAEC gold, HHonours Gold, Alitalia Freccia Alata, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Marriott rewards silver
Originally Posted by Calchas
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

c-w-s reported that his BAEC number was not entered in the booking. It might pay to double check it's there? Although I suppose you wouldn't see the free seat choice form at all if it were missing.
Thanks for the warm welcome Calchas

You are right, I entered my BAEC number manually which allowed me access to select seats for free. I will post back tomorrow when I plan to check this at the help desk in GC.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
That doesn't sound right, it should be in B in my reading of their terms. Certainly worth an email to Optiontown.
I will drop them a note, I am pleasently surprised with OTs customer support. I was not hopeful when I saw the 1002 error on Friday when I tried using the first time. But hats-off to customer support who kept me updated every 4 hrs (approx) and resolved the issue in 12 ^^
Old Oct 11, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
I will drop them a note, I am pleasently surprised with OTs customer support. I was not hopeful when I saw the 1002 error on Friday when I tried using the first time. But hats-off to customer support who kept me updated every 4 hrs (approx) and resolved the issue in 12 ^^
Welcome to the forum Euroflyer1881. Good to have you onboard. Equally I'm also very impressed with the OT Team.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 3:24 pm

I would love to catch a look at the economics behind these prices. In particular I wonder how they compare to corporate discount rates.

Does anyone know for example what a big customer like Barclays would typically pay for a day-of-travel Y ticket to EDI? Would it be more or less than the Ł120 you can now get with Optiontown?
Old Oct 11, 2015, 5:19 pm

I am aware of Goldman Sachs getting flexible J tickets for a return of Ł400 out of LHR. I would imagine their buying power on the JFK route would be enormous. So may not be indicative.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Must say this looks very interesting - I fly to Glasgow almost every week and although the company pay, this would save them a fortune on last minute bookings/changes.

Only problem is, when I select Glasgow, the only option they give me is LHR. As much as I'd love to be in a T5 lounge rather than crammed into a hot and sweaty LCY with barely a seat in sight, any cost saving from buying a flight pass would likely be shafted by the cost of Heathrow Express, even with a carnet. Not to mention the huge inconvenience of getting between Farringdon and Heathrow vs LCY which costs the company in terms of my time too.

I've emailed OT to see if they do anything unlisted in terms of LCY-GLA.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by hcuk94
Not to mention the huge inconvenience of getting between Farringdon and Heathrow vs LCY which costs the company in terms of my time too.
Hang on a few years and you'll have a nice solution to that one...
Old Oct 11, 2015, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Hang on a few years and you'll have a nice solution to that one...
Very true! Sadly I probably won't be flying for work any more by then.

Though it would be nice if Crossrail went to T5. It goes to central, which makes sense, but then T4, home of the muggle airlines...

Still, at least it's a quick transfer on the free HEX
Old Oct 12, 2015, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hcuk94
Very true! Sadly I probably won't be flying for work any more by then.

Though it would be nice if Crossrail went to T5. It goes to central, which makes sense, but then T4, home of the muggle airlines...

Still, at least it's a quick transfer on the free HEX
Cross rail doesn't go to LCY either. Apparently there was no space to instal a station. So they will run a shuttle bus or something ridiculous
Old Oct 12, 2015, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
Cross rail doesn't go to LCY either. Apparently there was no space to instal a station. So they will run a shuttle bus or something ridiculous
It'll go to Woolwich where you can change onto a DLR which isn't too bad. Saves messing around for ages with Bank station which is a big plus imo.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Do you remember how it used to be getting from LCY airport to the DLR station? I recall having to walk down a street, passing a corner shop and crossing a road to a very awkward station entrance. I even recall something like having to cut through a garden, council house style, or a piece of waste ground on the way. Surely I've got that wrong? To get back to the airport you really had to know the way because there were no signposts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.