Search

Flying on the "babybus"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2015, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Flying on the "babybus"

Hi all,
Sadly I'm normally an Economy passenger but I want to take my girlfriend on the "babybus" from LCY-JFK even if it's just one way.
Does anyone know the cheapest routing/timing to achieve this please?
Based on what I have learned from reading your threads on here, it might involve Dublin which is absolutely fine. I will happily build that in to a trip.
Regards
Steve
Old Oct 7, 2015, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Hi Steve

When I've searched this speculatively before, CPH seems to be a good starting point - I think there's availability around Easter where you can grab this service - maybe do back to back night before and overnight in London
Old Oct 7, 2015, 6:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Do be careful around holidays as this is a service which appears to be cancelled / reduced around then. Nothing worse than having a purchased positioning flight which winds you up vacationing in CPH rather than NYC, despite the delights of the former.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Thank you both for the tips.
Steve
Old Oct 7, 2015, 6:28 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Ex-EU to JFK return in business would be cheapest (unless there is a great ex-UK sale on).
I would suggest using ITA Matrix to find the cheapest departure point based on the dates you want to travel. There is a guide here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13303030-post4.html

Another option would be one way with avios (and finding a cheap way to return).
Old Oct 7, 2015, 6:29 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
The best bet is to look for ex-EU sales, which the Babybus is very often included in - that should get you to New York (and back on the Babybus as well if you like) for under Ł1000. Ex-DUB has the advantage over most other ex-EU starting points of a link straight into LCY, avoiding the relative torture of a transfer from LHR, and a leisurely stroll down to the lounge gate and a couple of glasses of Champers for breakfast.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by Often1
Do be careful around holidays as this is a service which appears to be cancelled / reduced around then. Nothing worse than having a purchased positioning flight which winds you up vacationing in CPH rather than NYC, despite the delights of the former.
Fair point about the cancellations, though BA would just reroute you via LHR, however much you were looking forward to the vacation in CPH...on a lucky day you might even end up in F.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:26 am

BLL-JFK on the Babybus is under 1000 return. Economy only service BLL-LCY.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 2:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JoshBosh
BLL-JFK on the Babybus is under 1000 return. Economy only service BLL-LCY.
Ah, that must be part of the ex Denmark ILR21AP. Also works exCPH. So atm if you are going to NYC only exCPH/BLL is cheapest at around Ł950. I thnk exDUB is around Ł1100.

Although I have done exCPH before I have never thought of doing exBLL.

CPH is idiot proof as a back to back btw, get off, turn left at the corridor insetad of right, turn left back in to gate area, get back on. You walk less than 150m and no security or immigration to worry about.

exCPH travel dates for the ILR21AP fare:

PERMITTED
27MAR 15 THROUGH 12APR 15 OR
22JUN 15 THROUGH 31AUG 15 OR
22NOV 15 THROUGH 30NOV 15 OR
23DEC 15 THROUGH 02JAN 16 OR
19MAR 16 THROUGH 03APR 16 OR
01JUL 16 THROUGH 31AUG 16 OR
19NOV 16 THROUGH 26NOV 16 OR
24DEC 16 THROUGH 31DEC 16
ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
RESERVATIONS FOR ALL SECTORS ARE REQUIRED AT LEAST 21 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE.
TRAVEL FROM INBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN THE FIRST SUN AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE OUTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 6:04 am

The BLL service lets you just through check your bags in BLL, and not have to trek across London.
It is in theory possible to do it in one day, out from Stansted very early on Ryanair, 2 hours to burn in BLL. Could always go the day before, and go visit Legoland, its just outside the airport.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for the guidance. BLL is an interesting idea!
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by steveb15
Thank you all for the guidance. BLL is an interesting idea!
Fantastic.. take your girlfriend to Lego Land.. and then surprise her with a trip to New York on the way back!! :-)
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by JoshBosh
The BLL service lets you just through check your bags in BLL, and not have to trek across London.
It is in theory possible to do it in one day, out from Stansted very early on Ryanair, 2 hours to burn in BLL. Could always go the day before, and go visit Legoland, its just outside the airport.
I would definitely recommend going the day before if using another airline to position.....as am currently doing. If anything goes wrong with only a two hour wait (tempting though it may be), you're trip is potentially 4x the original price and a whole lot of unnecessary hassle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.