Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is it time for BA to offer systemwide upgrades to Gold members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it time for BA to offer systemwide upgrades to Gold members

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2015, 11:03 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Calchas
Must be on 125 stock (but surely AA SWU must be on 001 stock) but non-BA metal is fine as long as it is BA-marketed. Only BA-operated sectors will be upgraded.
The BA marketed is the bit that got me caught out on the cheap Ex-Germany fares. One Cathay segment SIN-HKG and I cannot upgrade the LHR-SIN/HKG-LHR segments. Live and Learn.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 11:31 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
What is the difference between a GUF2 and a systemwide upgrade?
I read that as GFU2....lol....I'll let y'all figure out why I almost spit out my coffee when I read it!!! Hah!
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:23 am

GUF's are so easy to use on TA tickets.Some of the agents at Amex travel can do is for free,or Propeller travel charge Ł30.(see head for points)As long as the very relaxed travel agents buckets are available,the upgrade goes ahead.The extra Avios and Tier points also credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.