Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Club Europe - LHR to MUC - What to expect

Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Hi all hope someone can help.

I am going to Munich on 3rd November @5:25pm to watch the mighty Arsenal play in the CL on the 4th, returning on the 6th November@ 7am.

Any thoughts or recommendations to maximise the experience would be appreciated. I understand that we will have access to the galleries lounge in T5 and there are two options. Which is the best one for a European flight. Also on board, what are the likely food options. Will we get a cooked meal?

Also on the way back, is it worthwhile visiting the lounge in Munich given the early flight or will we get a cooked breakfast on the flight.

Thanks!
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:20 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
All your questions are answered in the threads linked from the sticky in this forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...dashboard.html

Lounges: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...d-kingdom.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...se-europe.html

CE meals: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...de-2014-a.html
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
you should get a hot meal on both flights, but IME its not great.

the lounge at MUC is OK, and good for a coffee havent been there for an early morning flight, so not sure of the food offering.

regarding T5 lounges, they are very similar, I would use south unless my flight was at gates 1-10, in which case I would use north!
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard

I would have very low expectations! It's Arsenal we are talking here! ;-)
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Wow that was quick. Thanks ever so much for the response guys.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chris1979
LOL! I knew mentioning that would get a dig from somewhere.

I was in a box at the Lane last week. Ledley King and Alan Mullery where next door. The look on their faces when we raucously celebrated our second goal will live in the memory for a long time!

Seriously though, if we don't get a result tonight it could be a do or die match over in Munich early November time.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; M&M FT
If I remember correctly, there's a "Continental breakfast" on offer at the MUC lounge - but it's certainly nothing to write home about - some croissants, cheese, ham, etc. The coffee machine is very good though
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was on a 16:30 departure to Munich on Friday so was only the afternoon tea service, which isn't all that filling but alcohol was flowing freely. Not sure what you get an hour later.

Munich lounge has a great beer selection, maybe not what you want at 7AM if heading to work.
Breakfast is cereal, toast (had to hold the toaster handle down to get it to work yesterday), hard boiled eggs, cheese and yoghurt.
Its a bit run down but basically just a coffee stop at that time of the morning.
That part of the airport and terminal is also very quiet so I wouldn't worry about turning up too early for the flight, although I find Munich to be a large sprawl of an airport so if you don't know the way it can be a bit of a hike depending on how you get to the Airport.
Trains are cheap and efficient depending on where you are staying.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:33 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Virgin Flying Club Red, Swiss M&M Blue
Remember they do champagne in the lounge but you have to ask someone to get it for you. Everything else is self service.

Enjoy but don't expect too much. The lounge is still a waiting room and there is no extra legroom on board.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by smerch1468
LOL! I knew mentioning that would get a dig from somewhere.

I was in a box at the Lane last week. Ledley King and Alan Mullery where next door. The look on their faces when we raucously celebrated our second goal will live in the memory for a long time!

Seriously though, if we don't get a result tonight it could be a do or die match over in Munich early November time.
Aah but we know the Gooners play best in the minor competitions.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:51 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by smerch1468
Indeed. Big match tonight (this afternoon here). COYR.

As a complete aside I was in Singapore a couple of weeks ago the day of the Stoke match. Was walking from the Hilton to Raffles (as you do) and passed the Arsenal supporters club which was a great place to watch the match. So, if you're in Singapore and there's a match on, head to Molly Roffey's Irish pub.

Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dobba
Remember they do champagne in the lounge but you have to ask someone to get it for you.
This advice is for the LHR T5 GC Lounges.

There's no Champagne in the MUC lounge.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Thanks again loving the Arsenal Singapore sign! When I was there 8 years ago it was all Man Utd and Liverpool fans.

I am aware that you have to ask for the champers in the lounge. Seems like Club Europe isn't as good as it used to be (I last flew Club to Madrid in 2011). Shame about the afternoon tea offering in Galleries, if they did put on a good spread I'm sure it would go down well but it does seem pretty basic.

This trip will be a drinking trip though after all it is for the footy!
Old Sep 29, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: Meh
Get two new centre halfs and a new striker.

The flight should be enjoyable with the lounges being the highlight. Enjoy the match, the stadium is awesome and the atmosphere should be great.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by chris1979

Damn - chris1979, as a lifelong Tottenham fan I was looking forward to a bit of banter here, but you beat me to it (nice comments from stevie also). Personally I expect about 4-1 (to Bayern). Where's that other famous FT Gooner, VC10Boy, these days?

I took a taxi from the city to MUC earlier this month and have to say that, from the outside, the Allianz Arena looks amazing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.