Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Group Bookings on BA

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2019, 9:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
At outstations it would indeed be via the usual check-in desk but you may have to be dealt with via a particular member of staff so there may be a bit of a wait there. Not sure how the First Wing versus normal check-in creeps into your previous question, but never mind. There are no advance seat selection on Group tickets, at the risk of repetition, seat allocation is under airport control. If HBO you can not avoid an encounter with check-in, you can't get a boarding pass. If it is a proper group booking there is indeed one head PNR for all the people on the booking, but in terms of the IT is handled differently than standard ticketing. You can't split yourself off, it's not the way it works.
TravelManBiz likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 12:04 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
At outstations it would indeed be via the usual check-in desk but you may have to be dealt with via a particular member of staff so there may be a bit of a wait there. Not sure how the First Wing versus normal check-in creeps into your previous question, but never mind. There are no advance seat selection on Group tickets, at the risk of repetition, seat allocation is under airport control. If HBO you can not avoid an encounter with check-in, you can't get a boarding pass. If it is a proper group booking there is indeed one head PNR for all the people on the booking, but in terms of the IT is handled differently than standard ticketing. You can't split yourself off, it's not the way it works.
Really not asking for a repetition here - but I don't believe it was answered before, can a BAEC number be added to a group booking before checkin? Little Miss LimitingFactor is going on a school trip and would like to ensure she gets her number in the booking/against the boarding pass and worried she might be bamboozled at checkin and not get her number added.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 12:21 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by LimitingFactor
Really not asking for a repetition here - but I don't believe it was answered before, can a BAEC number be added to a group booking before checkin? Little Miss LimitingFactor is going on a school trip and would like to ensure she gets her number in the booking/against the boarding pass and worried she might be bamboozled at checkin and not get her number added.
Yes, I think it is possible, but it has to be via the tour organiser. It's just much easier for it to be done at check-in. Give her a little post-it note?
LimitingFactor likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.