Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Porridge in First.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2015, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec, Amex Plat, CX Gold, etc.
Porridge in First.

I hate BA breakfast, and have a rather delicate digestion... Would it be reasonable to take my own porridge pot which just needs hot water and then ask a member of the crew to add hot water for me?
Old Sep 12, 2015, 8:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Couldn't you just ask for cups of hot water and pour them into the "pot" yourself?
Old Sep 12, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Careful, this is one of them ideas where you might develop a queue!
Old Sep 12, 2015, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There would be no problem doing this, if you ask the crew to do it we could then decante it into a china bowl.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Thank you! Flying out on BA5 tomorrow.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 8:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Porridge is also available in CCR. Your flight leaves at 13:30 (it's going to Narita, just in case there is someone here who hasn't memorised the entire schedule), and normally breakfast gets cleared down around 11:45, but so long as you have a bit of time to spare when ordering, I'm sure a fresh batch will be made for you. Usual toppings available.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Alan Smith
I hate BA breakfast
All breakfast options? In First, it will never just be the typical 'hot breakfast' on the menu.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 9:02 am
Original Poster

I hate BA breakfast on the plane. I should have been more specific. I really can't do a cooked breakfast of any sort (except eggs, scrambled/boiled).

Croissants etc. are OK, but I've never had one on a plane that I've actually enjoyed.

It's a simple solution to a minor problem. If I can get hot water. I sure don't mind carrying around the little porridge pot; but I'd hate to be an annoyance to the crew.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Alan Smith
I hate BA breakfast on the plane. I should have been more specific. I really can't do a cooked breakfast of any sort (except eggs, scrambled/boiled).
There are usually plenty of cold options (cereal, muesli, yogurts, pastries, fruit) as well as egg-based hot dishes.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You won't annoy the crew.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 9:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Asking for hot water is hardly annoying. For all they care, it's your drink of choice.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Believe it or not we are there to give customers the best service that we can, the majority of crew will do all they can to keep a customer happy. (Within reason)
Old Sep 13, 2015, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Believe it or not we are there to give customers the best service that we can, the majority of crew will do all they can to keep a customer happy. (Within reason)
You thinking of this old thread? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ss-toilet.html

To the OP, I can't imagine any cabin crew getting annoyed at a polite request for this.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
of course Easyjet will sell you porridge for £1.80 ... relatively speaking a bit of a bargain !

Page 11
http://buyonboard.easyjet.com/#
Old Sep 14, 2015, 1:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by fartoomanyusers
of course Easyjet will sell you porridge for £1.80 ... relatively speaking a bit of a bargain !

Page 11
http://buyonboard.easyjet.com/#
Now if only BA got rid of that awful ET catering and introduced BOB to Easyjet standard...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.