Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
This 2015/16 thread is now closed. The 2017 thread is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1818553-premium-fare-deals-j-f-2017-edition.html

A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals. This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads can be found below.

Enjoy your Premium Experience.

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330... (just click on the book with American link to get the good price. )
Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards..

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare deals (J and F)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2016, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
I think we are all on these ones that weekend http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27424999-post4463.html

Bit of an early start on Sunday, but sadly necessary to catch the A350 from HEL.
At least the sun should be out for a while at that time of year so can make the most of the Saturday evening.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by nkvuong
The fare is there, it's just there is no availability in A class at all. It's a frustrating game
I only found 3 days for the rest of the year with availability when I booked - all starting on the 726 at 0440. Looks like seats sell out as soon as they are loaded.

I did suggest to the other half we fly HEL-CGK, and then CGK to OSL/AMS, turn around and do the same in reverse, without stopping, all over the course of a week, and got a pretty robust response.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 6:25 pm

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum
As mentioned in QR thread, it appears British Airways have removed Qatar "R" fares from earning any Avios or Tier Points through BAEC. The change was never announced and seems to have taken place in the last day or two. It's unclear whether it will apply to bookings going forward, or whether it will affect all bookings past or present for flights after Nov. 30. So far it doesn't look promising, as I've been told that my booking made yesterday (before any knowledge of changes, and despite Avios Calculator STILL showing R earning) will not earn any. Obviously taking that issue up to the fullest extent... Just a heads up for anyone pondering those Qatar 2 for 1 fares... More to follow in this space no doubt... @MSM2000UK seems to have the good info ; )
Old Nov 2, 2016, 9:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lorkers
I only found 3 days for the rest of the year with availability when I booked - all starting on the 726 at 0440. Looks like seats sell out as soon as they are loaded.

I did suggest to the other half we fly HEL-CGK, and then CGK to OSL/AMS, turn around and do the same in reverse, without stopping, all over the course of a week, and got a pretty robust response.
What were those dates if you don't mind saying ?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 3:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold HH Diamond
Originally Posted by godsavethepoints
As mentioned in QR thread, it appears British Airways have removed Qatar "R" fares from earning any Avios or Tier Points through BAEC. The change was never announced and seems to have taken place in the last day or two. It's unclear whether it will apply to bookings going forward, or whether it will affect all bookings past or present for flights after Nov. 30. So far it doesn't look promising, as I've been told that my booking made yesterday (before any knowledge of changes, and despite Avios Calculator STILL showing R earning) will not earn any. Obviously taking that issue up to the fullest extent... Just a heads up for anyone pondering those Qatar 2 for 1 fares... More to follow in this space no doubt... @MSM2000UK seems to have the good info ; )
Ahhhhh. Now that would be a problem. If so then bang goes my GC retention strategy for next year. x2 LHs in R class booked some time ago.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Be interesting to see if OneWorld match the Sky Team deals from MAD to US going on right now
Old Nov 3, 2016, 3:56 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Be interesting to see if OneWorld match the Sky Team deals from MAD to US going on right now
Isn't it the other way round?

OneWorld have had offers from MAD for a while - check the Premium Fares Forum.

M
Old Nov 3, 2016, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All the ones I have checked today are several hundred cheaper on Delta / AF / KLM ?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 4:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold HH Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Indeed, but quite frankly, if you forget the TPs for a minute, and especially for the many people on this forum who are effectively London-based, this is a far, far, far better deal:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...l#post27420918

GA's J is a truly excellent product.
Thanks for that big time! Wasn't showing on Google Flights, but was on Kayak. Have cancelled the 241 to SIN then onward to DPS and now booked single PNR to DPS on GA. One cheapo remaining in Jan and that happened to fit my dates exactly.
And have got some avios back.....
Old Nov 3, 2016, 4:43 am

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by G-ARVE
Ahhhhh. Now that would be a problem. If so then bang goes my GC retention strategy for next year. x2 LHs in R class booked some time ago.
BA just clarified this morning (via FT) that it was all a big mistake and that despite a phone agent and twitter agent telling me it was new policy (which they may have hoped it to be) that "R" will still earn full TP and Avios at current rates, no booking excluded. For now...
Old Nov 3, 2016, 5:15 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by godsavethepoints
BA just clarified this morning (via FT) that it was all a big mistake and that despite a phone agent and twitter agent telling me it was new policy (which they may have hoped it to be) that "R" will still earn full TP and Avios at current rates, no booking excluded. For now...
Where did they say this?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by armouredant
Where did they say this?
Over in the sister thread on the QR forum.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by armouredant
Where did they say this?
See the post from the BAEC rep here: Link
Old Nov 3, 2016, 7:20 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by KARFA
I think we are all on these ones that weekend http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27424999-post4463.html

Bit of an early start on Sunday, but sadly necessary to catch the A350 from HEL.
Hope no one minds, but I couldn't resist this either. Already looking forward to the A350 and meeting some of the people who got me to gold last year in the process.

Where is everyone staying on the Saturday, the Hilton looks good value at 12,000 points and 40euros.

ps: I couldn't persuade myself that the A350 on the way back was worth getting up an hour before going to bed!
Old Nov 3, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by leachster
Hope no one minds, but I couldn't resist this either. Already looking forward to the A350 and meeting some of the people who got me to gold last year in the process.

Where is everyone staying on the Saturday, the Hilton looks good value at 12,000 points and 40euros.

ps: I couldn't persuade myself that the A350 on the way back was worth getting up an hour before going to bed!
If you've booked your trip for 6-7 May weekend, then have a look at this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ay-2017-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.